Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

2012 r1 2nd gear (don't even talk about 3rd) clutch doesn't catch trying a wheelie, the more throttle i give the more it wont catch on...on a track everything seems perfect when you not doing wheelies :) anyone know something?

only 1st gear pop up like no issues...on 2nd you can do wheelies but like I mention before it pop up a little lazy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything adjusted about 2mm freeplay...tried with more freeplay on a cable..tried with less. 25k km on a bike. Yes..feels like it slips. I remember on old 2005y r1 when my clutch burns...but then it slips also when you give full throttle without clutch wheelies

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
Everything adjusted about 2mm freeplay...tried with more freeplay on a cable..tried with less. 25k km on a bike. Yes..feels like it slips. I remember on old 2005y r1 when my clutch burns...but then it slips also when you give full throttle without clutch wheelies
Are you the original owner of the bike. I ask this because if someone else owned it before you maybe they beat the clutch and there may be some plate problems. You will most likely have to check your clutch plates to determine the problem. Good luck.

·
Who put that there??
168 Posts
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Apparently that wheelie was in 1st gear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
andrewstclair
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing