Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that we've got a few people signed up I wanted to start this thread for people who may want to go but don't have transportation there. So if you want to go post up where you are coming from. If you're going to the convention and have room in your vehicle and trailer please post up here as well.

Also please go to www.mapquest.com and enter where you are leaving from and in the "ending location" put in 9400 US Hwy 19 Bryson City, NC 28713. Then post the link to your directions. That makes it much easier for people to see if you'll be near them or not.

Here is an example, I don't really have any space available!
2 open seats in the truck
2 open trailer spots
Leaving Farmington, Michigan on Sunday June 3rd at 3:00am and going home on Sunday June 10th at 5:00am.

Mapquest Directions:
http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=4-iKGnuTlP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following members have space available... click on their name to send them a PM. :yesnod

InkedR1Pilot - 4 seats in truck & 4 trailer spots. Coming from Kewaskum, Wisconsin.

robavila76 - 2 bikes spots available in nice enclosed aluminum trailer, needs hotel accommodations for myself. If a 3rd bike is joining, a towing vehicle with minimum 4 seats is needed.

DIRECTIONS:
http://mapq.st/K43iGS

Email me: [email protected]
Call Rob at (401) 261-5148

The following members are looking for a ride... click on their name to send them a PM. :yesnod

xdonniedarkox - Looking for vehicle spot and trailer spot. Coming from Los Angeles, California.

·
Super Moderator
24,193 Posts
Try
Latitude: 35.355878 Longitude: -83.553188, Bryson City, NC 28713
as the destination. Brings you right into the Nantahala parking lot, address 9400 us hwy 19 bryson city nc 28713 :thumbup

·
YOU LIKE THAT, DONT YOU?
4,056 Posts
Now that we've got a few people signed up I wanted to start this thread for people who may want to go but don't have transportation there. So if you're going to the convention and have room in your vehicle and trailer please post up here. Also please go to www.mapquest.com and enter where you are leaving from and in the "ending location" put in Fontana Dam, NC. Then post the link to your directions. That makes it much easier for people to see if you'll be near them or not.

Like this:
3 open seats in the truck
1 open trailer spot
Leaving , Maine on the saturday before the convention starts and staying entire week.

Mapquest Directions:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Brunswick&1s=ME&1y=US&1l=43.914398&1g=-69.965797&1v=CITY&2c=Fontana+Dam&2s=NC&2y=US&2l=35.435001&2g=-83.817497&2v=CITY
Kevap, did I read that right that you are leaving from Maine? Let me know...even if I don't ride down with you it would still be nice to meetup and follow someone down.

I'm near Portland, Maine.

Also have:

3 open seats in truck
no trailer though (yet...maybe by then)
Leaving Maine (dates undecided)

http://mapq.st/ts3UKg

-Peter

·
yield
17,851 Posts
This is a stretch but anyone from LA wants a soldier to go split fuel and the like Im in... taking my rig isnt feesible so I would need to roll with someone and trialer the bike thought Id put it out there, to many years reading about it, and there is two things I want to do on my bike the IoM and ride the gap:)

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
What about kangaroo ? He's come several times. Maybe splitting the tow with him. Otherwise flying in and renting a R1 from sportbikesforhire.com would be an option... :fact

·
yield
17,851 Posts
That could be a route... Ill look into that. Shame not to ride my own bike out there. good suggestion Shane thanks and happy hoho's to ya:thumbup

·
Super Moderator
23,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 20 of 82 Posts