Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

601 - 620 of 656 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,803 Posts
Home safe... bike is in my storage unit. We both got dragged to a Father's Day party. Ate, said Happy Father's Day and left. Just got home. :yesnod

·
Venom GA state lead.
4,070 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
Got home at 4PM. 11 hour drive. Grass was two feet tall. Got it all mowed. Gonna drink some beer and crash. I'll post up a few pictures tomorrow...

·
The Lead Farmer
25,425 Posts
For all of ya who aren't on my Facebook, I made it home safe and sound. Almost 500 miles worth on the way back due to construction in a couple spots. I spent the last 5 miles (2 minutes :)) in the rain. I gotta say though, having the bridge shut down and taking that goat path they call a detour was horrid. I was driving at 15mph for miles over gravel covered switchbacks.

·
I Eat my R1 for Breakfast
184 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
For all of ya who aren't on my Facebook, I made it home safe and sound. Almost 500 miles worth on the way back due to construction in a couple spots. I spent the last 5 miles (2 minutes :)) in the rain. I gotta say though, having the bridge shut down and taking that goat path they call a detour was horrid. I was driving at 15mph for miles over gravel covered switchbacks.
Definitely glad you got home, and we got to hang out for a little while. CMP kinda sucked without you there, so this made up for it. And I really enjoyed watching the Vmax move around. I really need to do my forks. The OEM suck. Plus it helps that you seem to be able to read any turn on any bike.

Now for the fun part... prep for the awesomeness that will be the 2014 Convention :fact

·
The Lead Farmer
25,425 Posts
Definitely glad you got home, and we got to hang out for a little while. CMP kinda sucked without you there, so this made up for it. And I really enjoyed watching the Vmax move around. I really need to do my forks. The OEM suck. Plus it helps that you seem to be able to read any turn on any bike.

Now for the fun part... prep for the awesomeness that will be the 2014 Convention :fact
I think I fell through a few of those turns, lol.

Roger that for 2014. Need to get it together and build this group back to what it has been. I don't know of a single person who didn't have a great time. Even after the Panty-Gale dry humping!

·
The Lead Farmer
25,425 Posts
Oh, and the official death count:
Vmax- 3
Possum-0
Bird-0
snake-0

Big ass coyote jumped out at the 1 mile marker of the dragon. Missed him though. There was an infinity tearing it up while I was coming by. The brakes were in FI-Ya. I think Killboy did a night run as well, looked like an s2000 with HID's.

·
Super Moderator
23,803 Posts
Ummm... the bridge was open this morning. :fact

Not sure if you were talking about the detour today or when you first got down to the convention? :dunno

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Ah, so that was Saturday night... it would have been open then too! :yesnod
They were closing between 8PM and 8AM to finish the work.

601 - 620 of 656 Posts
About this Discussion
655 Replies
61 Participants
realmccoy1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing