Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,803 Posts
I believe it will be June 10th thru June 16th, 2013. We will start posting up about it very soon. So keep your pants on! :crash

·
You don't impress me.
553 Posts
I believe it will be June 10th thru June 16th, 2013. We will start posting up about it very soon. So keep your pants on! :crash
I'm actually curious about this deals gap thing. Can you please explain how it works / what it is?

Also, I've noticed that you've been on this forum SINCE BEFORE I ENLISTED IN THE MARINES JEEZUS. That's a long time lol.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
I'm actually curious about this deals gap thing. Can you please explain how it works / what it is?
Deal's Gap is a place on US129 (Like Palomar for you West Coasters). The forum has a convention every year there (since '04 I think?) that a large number of people attend.

Though, I believe '12 was the first year it was changed to a different location. I'm not sure why though.

Also, I've noticed that you've been on this forum SINCE BEFORE I ENLISTED IN THE MARINES JEEZUS. That's a long time lol.
:lol Semper Fi!

·
Super Moderator
23,803 Posts
It's just a bunch of R1/R6 guys & gals, their friends and families getting together for riding some of the best roads in America. It lasts a week... but goes by way too fast! We take over a whole resort of log cabins and most nights drink ourselves silly! Then get up and repeat... riding, drinking, sleep. :crash

·
Super Moderator
23,803 Posts
Though, I believe '12 was the first year it was changed to a different location. I'm not sure why though.

:lol Semper Fi!
Fontana didn't want to work with us on the pricing and their cabins were getting run down. Basically they didn't want our business so we went someplace better that wanted our business. :yesnod

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
Fontana didn't want to work with us on the pricing and their cabins were getting run down. Basically they didn't want our business so we went someplace better that wanted our business. :yesnod
:thumbup

I was thinking it had something to do with size of the convention. :dunno

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Those are the dates we are working with :yesnod

Not me. They didn't have Forums when I enlisted. Hell... there were hardly any sport bikes :shake

I'd really like to make it out to the '13 convention, being out west sucks for that :(
We've had people travel from further. It just takes planning :fact

Sounds like a blast. I'll have too put in for some vacation time.
Definitely!

Shane has been negotiating with the owners of the resort we used last year. The place changed ownership, and we had to start from scratch on the contract. It's been a back and forth thing for a little while, which is challenging because both Shane and I travel for work. So trying to discuss things has been a little slow. But we should see the announcement up shortly and start putting together what will be another great event. Hope to see everyone there :fact

·
Herro!
2,569 Posts
We've had people travel from further. It just takes planning :fact
I know it's been done and wouldn't be difficult. Biggest issue is having a bike to ride out there, I know I could rent one or possibly borrow one of the other member's spare, but I'd end up tiptoe-ing around worrying about possibly going with someone else's property. Looks like it'll take a planned roadtrip, but I definitely wanna go.

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
I know it's been done and wouldn't be difficult. Biggest issue is having a bike to ride out there, I know I could rent one or possibly borrow one of the other member's spare, but I'd end up tiptoe-ing around worrying about possibly going with someone else's property. Looks like it'll take a planned roadtrip, but I definitely wanna go.
Once the thread gets going see who else might be making the trip from out there. Split gas. Or rent a bike. And I usually bring at least two, but they come at retail pricing for replacement :lol

·
Herro!
2,569 Posts
Once the thread gets going see who else might be making the trip from out there. Split gas. Or rent a bike. And I usually bring at least two, but they come at retail pricing for replacement :lol
:lol yea see what I meant about the tiptoe-ing?! :hammer:

I looked into renting from that shop thats on or near the gap and I think it mentioned paying extra for his insurance as well. I go slow enough but I'll end up crawling worrying about it :lol

Anyone in socal wanna share ride/gas? :lol

Sent by my monster Note 2 :flex:

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
:lol yea see what I meant about the tiptoe-ing?! :hammer:

I looked into renting from that shop thats on or near the gap and I think it mentioned paying extra for his insurance as well. I go slow enough but I'll end up crawling worrying about it :lol

Anyone in socal wanna share ride/gas? :lol

Sent by my monster Note 2 :flex:
Greg takes care of Convention goer's :fact

·
Venom R1-016
2,261 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
About this Discussion
62 Replies
26 Participants
Peg Grinder
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing