Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
The Goldenchild
4,463 Posts
Stu! How is life after graduation going? And are you going to make the Convention next year?
It's a lot less stressful Dan... kinda nice being a civilian. Not sure if I'll make the Convention again in '13 yet or not. Been looking for one of those job things that are so hard to find.

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
It's a lot less stressful Dan... kinda nice being a civilian. Not sure if I'll make the Convention again in '13 yet or not. Been looking for one of those job things that are so hard to find.
I've gotten used to it, but I've been retarded since 2005. A job will come along. VA preference helps. :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
Well, I just got my leave approved. I have every intention of making it in '13. I really enjoy riding with the core group I've been riding with since '04 and '05. Can't find another bunch of guys who knows each others riding styles and techniques. Look forward to seeing the old and some new faces. I'm going to focus on making '13 more of a relaxing time focusing on the Skyway and Frosty Runs...

·
Super Moderator
23,803 Posts
Well, I just got my leave approved. I have every intention of making it in '13. I really enjoy riding with the core group I've been riding with since '04 and '05. Can't find another bunch of guys who knows each others riding styles and techniques. Look forward to seeing the old and some new faces. I'm going to focus on making '13 more of a relaxing time focusing on the Skyway and Frosty Runs...
I promise not to pass you ever again... even when you are going 30 in a 45. :fact

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
I'm in LA all this week. Dan should be approving the contract with the new owners anytime. If that happens. I will release the 2012 article over the holidays and we can role with 2013 stuff... Hope all is well with everyone..

·
I Eat my R1 for Breakfast
184 Posts
I will def be there for a few of the days I only live about an hour away....asheville, nc. Haven't had a chance to ride the tail since I got out of the Marine Corps but I'm sure ill hit it up before then....maybe we could have a ride out to Cesar's head too?...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
I promise not to pass you ever again... even when you are going 30 in a 45. :fact
And I promise "NEVER" to proceed ahead until everyone is accounted for. As for passing me, go for it. I just don't like the super tight technical stuff before and after the Skyway.

·
11,738 Posts
I got my time off also. Will bring the same stuff for breakfast like last time (pancakes and waffles w/bacon) plus I'm gonna try some better dinner stuff. More steaks w/bakes potatoes and less burgers. Wife says we need vegetables too. :lol

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
I got my time off also. Will bring the same stuff for breakfast like last time (pancakes and waffles w/bacon) plus I'm gonna try some better dinner stuff. More steaks w/bakes potatoes and less burgers. Wife says we need vegetables too. :lol
Sounds good Tony. Looking forward to them waffles again. If you need me to bring any breakfast stuff just let me know.

·
11,738 Posts
Sounds good Tony. Looking forward to them waffles again. If you need me to bring any breakfast stuff just let me know.
Syrup. We almost ran out last time. I've got the rest covered.

·
Derka Derka Doit For The R1!
1,132 Posts
The dates are June 9-16, 2013... I'll have sign up and a new thread mid next week... Sorry our resort changed owners and we had some challenges but it's all good now..
Waiting for the official thread so I can confirm going the convention. :cool:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
About this Discussion
62 Replies
26 Participants
Peg Grinder
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing