Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 R1 won't start - good spark, good compression, cranks but won't start.
If I spray starting fluid/gas it will run
Checked power at injectors and it is good - but with a noid light I have no toggling ground which equals no injector pulse and no fuel.
I think ECU is bad? thoughts?
Can I use an 09-14 ECU to replace the 2013 ECU?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have confirmed good ground. I went ahead and conducted the injector power and ground toggle while cranking with the new ground and still same results. Could it be in limp mode? how can I make the computer reset? I tried disconnecting all power over night and still same results. Any other thoughts on diagnosing the ECU or should I just swap it out and try a new/used one?
Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
2013 R1 won't start - good spark, good compression, cranks but won't start.
If I spray starting fluid/gas it will run
Checked power at injectors and it is good - but with a noid light I have no toggling ground which equals no injector pulse and no fuel.
I think ECU is bad? thoughts?
Can I use an 09-14 ECU to replace the 2013 ECU?
Thanks in advance!
Mine was doing sounding similar to this and it was my fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was doing sounding similar to this and it was my fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Great call - unfortunately I have been diagnosing this issue for a few months. The fuel pump was the first suspect as my fuel pressure was not achieving the 58psi it calls for. It has an aftermarket external fuel pump, automotive regulator and all new 6AN fuel lines. Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had that problem and it turned out to be my tip over sensor had bumped off. I had been doing some work on the bike and cleared all the fault codes and then tried starting it. It wouldn't start and it was only when I looked at the tip over sensor indicators that I realized what the problem was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts