Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that we've got a few people signed up I wanted to start this thread for people who may want to go but don't have transportation there. So if you want to go post up where you are coming from. If you're going to the convention and have room in your vehicle and trailer please post up here as well.

Also please go to www.mapquest.com and enter where you are leaving from and in the "ending location" put in 9400 US Hwy 19 Bryson City, NC 28713. Then post the link to your directions. That makes it much easier for people to see if you'll be near them or not.

Here is an example, I don't really have any space available!
2 open seats in the truck
2 open trailer spots
Leaving Farmington, Michigan on Sunday June 3rd at 3:00am and going home on Sunday June 10th at 5:00am.

Mapquest Directions:
http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=4-iKGnuTlP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following members have space available... click on their name to send them a PM. :yesnod

The following members are looking for space... click on their name to send them a PM. :yesnod

Andre 1000 - Looking to make the trip from Seattle, WA.

Deidra - Looking to make the trip from Gainsville, FL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
I die, at least its on a bike
96 Posts
This is intence. Im in seattle and have my own Durango with a bike hitch hauler that i use a lot. But that thing gets 10 miles to the gallon and only carries one bike.

1 Man from seattle, whos with me? keep me posted

·
My R1 Owns Me
1,182 Posts
I'm still checking on what dates I will be there, more than likely from Tuesday night to Sunday afternoon. I'm leaving from Covington, GA with a 5x8 trailer and a ford explorer. I could possibly load another bike and split fuel with someone if they were going on the same dates.

2-3 Seats Open In The Truck
1 Trailer Spot Open
Leaving from Covington, Ga on Tuesday around 6:00pm
Coming home on Sunday around lunch time.

·
Aron's R1 eats me.
71 Posts
I'm working on my own transportation but if anyone is heading up from South FL on 75 and wants to pick me up in Gainesville, I have a flexible schedule and could spilt gas. I have two bikes, a 600cc sportbike and a supermoto I'd like to bring :)

·
Super Moderator
23,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Deidra... Skeeter (Randy) is looking for someone to share gas. He is from Lake Placid, so he will be going right by you. Send him a PM. I know he is coming for the whole week, arriving Sunday afternoon and leaving early Sunday morning, so I hope you two can work out the details. :yesnod

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
I'm working on my own transportation but if anyone is heading up from South FL on 75 and wants to pick me up in Gainesville, I have a flexible schedule and could spilt gas. I have two bikes, a 600cc sportbike and a supermoto I'd like to bring :)
Deidra, I do have a trailer I can use, but it only holds two bikes and I'll need the covered pickup bed for gear and supplies. If you can just take your 600 then maybe we can work something out. I'll be leaving early Sunday morning and returning back to Florida early the following Sunday morning.

·
Squid Basher
151 Posts
Travel and lodging

I'm leaving from Ft Campbell KY near Nashville TN. Anyone need a ride or a place to stay on the way out, let me know. I have a house with 2 empty rooms and will be driving up in my full size truck with 1 bike. Also before i get my room, looking to see if anyone has cabin space.
Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
blacksmokeR1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing