Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Follow me in instagram @R1gram
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just have a quick question before I jump to conclusions. I bought a 2013 r1 in 2014 as a left over. I bought the extension warranty on it so I have not given any maintenance myself. I was cleaning and lubing my chain and I noticed my coolant was low. I have pictures in attachment. The bike hasnt missed a service because of the warranty. The dealer where I bought has a reputation of been crooks. I didn't know that until I bought the bike. I'm afraid this dealer is not servicing my bike properly and just changing oil. How could I know if the paper work they give me says they did the service. The bike hasn't over heated and when i turn it on the temperature slowly rises. I just rode in the mountains and it didn't give a problem.

Attachments

Follow me in instagram @R1gram
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the quick reply, i will mark the bolts with something to see what happens. The rules for service its has to be done a certified mechanic of yamaha and paper work has to be shown.

I RACE U LOSE
The rules for service its has to be done a certified mechanic of yamaha and paper work has to be shown.
That is not true, the only 'paper work' that is needed is receipts for oil & filters and parts installed for repairs. None of that even matters much IMO, as if any 'warranty' issue did arise, Yamaha would have to prove that you (by abusing) or the way maintenance was performed caused the issue or problem.:fact My last 2 R1's had/have the 4 yr. YES extended warranty. How much were you charged for these services they performed ? You have the YES warranty correct ?

I RACE U LOSE
I would like to add, when my '06 was worked on under YES warranty with almost 42k miles on it at the time, no service records or receipts were asked for, on an over $2000 repair that Yamaha paid for. Keeping the bike in excellent physical shape (visual & mechanical) goes a long way, as the service technician couldn't believe the bike actually had 42k miles on it, until looking at the odometer. I would suggest learning how to do all of the maintenance yourself, the service manuals are easy to use, and there's plenty of knowledge here should you need help with any problem.

Thread killer...
I suggest you do the service yourself as well, but you definitely are not locked to any specific dealer to do the work. So if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, find another Yamaha dealer that is reputable and have them do it. Even if it is the next city over, it would be worth the trip. I don't know any of the dealers in Northern Georgia, but I bet someone here does.

Registered
I suggest you do the service yourself as well, but you definitely are not locked to any specific dealer to do the work. So if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, find another Yamaha dealer that is reputable and have them do it. Even if it is the next city over, it would be worth the trip. I don't know any of the dealers in Northern Georgia, but I bet someone here does.
+1 what he said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.