Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
[Corrected Link]

Hey there - got this R1 a few months ago and it runs and rides like a dream. Purchased with 5300 miles, around 6900 now. Only issue ever since I've gotten it, has been a rough start. Its gotten a little better since though. I've seen people say that these starters are practically disposable, could this be the issue? Fresh gas and fresh battery, measuring a bit over 12 volts. Anyone see this issue in the past?
Plugs are dirty, take them out and clean them whith a wire brush or buy new ones.

Registered
Let me tell you ,my experience
new spark plugs, complete fuel service (new fuel bomb + injector test and cleaning), failure keeps on. New battery too (YTZ10S - as indicated in manual).
Im waiting to receive a new starter to check if this fix the problem...
hope so..
if not, i will try with a high CCA lithium battery.
Hope are not valves, but if they were, i will check them at last since it's the hardest part
i will up posted my advances
sorry for my english
greetings for Argentina

Registered
Main thing go change those spark plugs then Go get Cam2 change oil to Motul 300v and change or clean air filter and ride 200 miles hard will start better of that doesn鈥檛 help and your not a mechanic take it to one. Hope this helps without a mechanic it鈥檚 always works for me and my buddies on a bike it def sat a while and I bet wasn鈥檛 ridding a lot in the last 12 to 16 months

21 - 26 of 26 Posts