Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I pretend my R1 is Rossi
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously. **** your bucket list. Live today. If you've never been, you're missing the absolute greatest experience of your entire life. Yes, even better than that. Oh this, oh that, oh whatever. Your excuses mean nothing to the woman who broke her pelvis in half (and 6 ribs & a collarbone) 7 weeks before departure date for the TT. Yes, I had to hobble around the Isle with a cane. But if you're gonna travel alone and crippled, England is the place to do it. Nothing but kindness from strangers everywhere until I met up with the people I was staying with.

Tips...
1) Book a flight from London (or Dublin, etc.) to IOM YESTERDAY on Easyjet.com. I found they were twice as cheap as the rest. Unless you're in Europe, in which case you're riding there and taking the ferry. I'd be jealous of you if I wasn't deathly allergic to riding in the rain.

2) be ok with sleeping in a field. I'm not. which is a bit of a problem, as all the homestays (and of course the hotels, hostels, etc) seem to be booked up now. I knew this, but wasn't making money until about a month ago, so it wasn't even a possibility. Now it is. And yes, the new job will let me take 2 weeks off in June, because they have to. And if they don't, there's enough work in my field in July & August to find a new one when I get back.

3) don't keep putting off until tomorrow what could make your life richer and infinitely more awesome today. Just go.

OK, so who's going? Who wants to rent me a spot on their couch or even an entire room? Who wants to commit to a house together? I did get one homestay host saying his was available but he needs min 3 people for 7 nights. It's worth staying an extra day in case the Senior gets rain delayed. Plus there's an extra bonus race in a different part of the island the day after. It's such an amazing place. If it didn't rain so damn much I'd move there.

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
hmm.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
You can fly direct from the US into Manchester (MAN) and from there you are just over an hour from the ferry or fly to the TT from there. I live 40 mins from ferry port.

·
R1 14B Big Bang Fun
2 Posts
Definately one of THE motorcycle events to go and see.

You do need to plan ahead though, as hotels, ferries etc. get booked quickly.

Most TT loving bikers on this side of the pond, have usually booked by November and some even book again as soon as the TT finishes. !!!

·
Pays for everything. EVERTHING
1,943 Posts
Bought a house this year. IomTt next. I imagine the trip will cost what a FHA down payment is goin for now a days(does anyone REALLY only do 4% down?!)

I really wanna go... And ride it :p

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I have a shot at the 2016 TT. I just need it to fall on the week we are going to England. This years is about two weeks early, so I hope they push it a week each of the next two years. :)

The two tracks on my list that I really want to go to are the TT and Phillip Island.

·
My R6 is better than your R1!
658 Posts
Probably not 2014 for me but 2015 FOR SURE. Gonna get a few buddies together and make the haul from germany and belgium up to the isle. Should be one hell of a trip.

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
only problem with this trip is....

Rossi's last ride at Mugello this yr. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
bumble bee
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing