Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am super excited to be part of this community. I'm attempting to take off the fuel tank off a 2014 R1, there seems to be a hex bolt holding it down that allows the tank to be raised and lowered. I need to take it off to remove the tank. If anyone here has done this before how did you take this bolt of there's minimal clearance. I am attaching a few photos so you can see what I am referring to. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_0784.JPG
IMG_0785.PNG

·
Super Moderator
24,706 Posts
The bolt head is on the wrong side. I have no clue how someone could do that though. I'm gonna say you will have to cut it off with a Dremel unless I'm missing something too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think the bolt head is on the wrong side, the other side has a raised area which wouldn't make sense to have the bolt head on that side. I am attaching a photo of that too.
IMG_0786.JPG

·
Super Moderator
24,706 Posts
I feel like there's an easier way that to do that, if there's a tool I need I can get it no problem.
Not with that setup. There's obviously something wrong. It's not suppose to be that tight. You should be able to pull that bolt out without an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have enough clearance to check if it is even tight haha. I'm sure I could get it off if I was able to fit a tool in there.

·
Venom X/O
24,833 Posts
I don't have enough clearance to check if it is even tight haha. I'm sure I could get it off if I was able to fit a tool in there.
That’s the point. Something isn’t right because that bolt should come straight out with almost no effort

·
Super Moderator
24,706 Posts
That’s the point. Something isn’t right because that bolt should come straight out with almost no effort
Thanks for confirming what I already said!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts