Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to do a quick video review of the 14 R1. Just got her last week. More mods to come but for now just Leo Vince Exhaust Slip on, Intergraded Tail Light, HID 5000k, Flush mount turn signals (will be upgrading soon).
One thing I love about the 14 is the team Yamaha blue color scheme.

·
Break in period :(
153 Posts
I got the TRS morimoto 3 five 5000k HID. they cost a pretty penny but worth every cent. I have been using them since 2011 and I think it's the best aftermarket brand
I've been looking for a good HID kit. I'll have to check them out. I've used DDM in the past with cars and my R6. They worked fine on the car but they flickered a lot on the R6 and drove me nuts.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking for a good HID kit. I'll have to check them out. I've used DDM in the past with cars and my R6. They worked fine on the car but they flickered a lot on the R6 and drove me nuts.
You will never have that problem with the morimoto kit. Check out TRS. Their kits run at $150 for the 35w. Their 35w is as bright as most 50w. Plus no flickering and super fast warm up Time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Note to self, never talk in a video. Lol

Nice bike, looks real Sharp. And great choice on the exhaust. :thumbup:
Lol I just watched it and wish I never talked lol. But thanks Yea I love the sound of the leo Vince exhaust. Gives me the chills Everytime I start her up.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You will never have that problem with the morimoto kit. Check out TRS. Their kits run at $150 for the 35w. Their 35w is as bright as most 50w. Plus no flickering and super fast warm up Time.
link to where you got the Morimotos

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
One-ops
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing