Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Not quite. Different crank and bottom end bearings different valve spring setup bunch minor changes but the reason I'm asking is because of the computer changes new ecu and display that no longer has the self diagnostic functions and is apparently running OBD1 now and requiring resistors to remove Ais. That's all the differences I've notices so far but enough to not be the exact same so if you don't know what your talking about please don't chime in

·
Registered
11 Posts
i need to look up the OBD2 codes for the 2018 R1..
Does anyone have the manual yet or just a link to the OBD2 codes?
For 2018 they lost the cXX codes and dash diagnostic mode FYI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They lost the self diagnostic in 2017. They are odb1 codes. They are universal codes just Google obd1. You need an adapter and you can read them

Hi Andrew,

Did you get the manual? I am in the same search as you did a while ago.

At this moment I need the complete disassembly of the valve cover but I would like to have it complete for future inconveniences.

Greetings.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hi Andrew,

Did you get the manual? I am in the same search as you did a while ago.

At this moment I need the complete disassembly of the valve cover but I would like to have it complete for future inconveniences.

Greetings.
no i never bothered to look for the manual for the old codes because OBD is a universal language that is the same for all the vehicles using OBD so you can just look up any code that pops up and you can use the universal readers to read your codes with the yamaha adapter that is i think 20 dollars. you can also download the fetcu software and glance through at the codes on our ecu just download the software and start a free user account and open the 17 or 18 map and go into diagnostics. its a very easy thing to figure out the codes with lots of options on how to do it. what it comes down to is never turn the key on while anything on the bike is unplugged because you will setoff codes that your have to reset with a reader or at the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Andrew,

I need the cutting manual for a mechanical problem, not an electronic one.

Thank you very much for your response and I will always be attentive to the appearance of the 2017-2018 workshop manual.

Hug.

·
Super Moderator
23,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
ummm... there's no "cutting" manual. :no

So what in the heck are you trying to cut?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
24 Participants
Kevap
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing