Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Recall
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is how I left her March 2019. Many long trips over the years. Palm springs is where i keep the bikes. Been up to Lake Tahoe rode the foothill of the Sierra on the way up and coastal run back down. Couple trips over to the snake when is that opening up? Big bear Angeles crest to get to mulholland. Route 62 palm to pines. And I have been down to san Diego couple times even went the back way down the Salton sea And over to the coast. Never began to scratch the surface of all the killer back roads I think there is like 9000 some miles on this unit. I have had no issues. I guess I was just thinking about how there was so much hype when we got these in 2015 and the 2020 not nearly as much granted it’s not a total redesign but substantial changes for sure. Stigma around with the recall and all this crank snapping hysteria. EDR has that bolt kit and that is a lot to ask for a guy just shredding canyons. The memories of all those rides up mountains and down to the sea are only possible in dreams for many. We are a Lucky bunch.

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
455 Posts
My '15 Raven has been a blast. Over 20,000 miles. But I haven't screwed with her. It's basically stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts