Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed removing the entire ABS system and unplugged the unit from the harness I know there are two fuses related to the ABS system one for the ABS ECU and one for the ABS solenoid was curious if anyone has has removed both or just one of the fuses after deactivating the ABS feature on a flashtune.

·
Banned
672 Posts
I just completed removing the entire ABS system and unplugged the unit from the harness I know there are two fuses related to the ABS system one for the ABS ECU and one for the ABS solenoid was curious if anyone has has removed both or just one of the fuses after deactivating the ABS feature on a flashtune.
Take both out. It will save another 0.5 gram. I hope you left the wheel sensors on...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not messing with wheel sensors I only ask about the fuses because I heard that in order to avoid throwing a code on the dash you needed to remove one or both of them just wasn't sure

·
Banned
672 Posts
not messing with wheel sensors I only ask about the fuses because I heard that in order to avoid throwing a code on the dash you needed to remove one or both of them just wasn't sure
I think that if you have disabled it in the ECU and that FT program is worth anything, you should not get any fault code whether you remove the fuses or not.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any change you know if by removing the two fuses even with the ABS unplugged there are no codes that show on the dash? I figured it be less hassle getting right before reinstalling the edu

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
you should try contacting brian van from sportbike track gear .com he removed his abs but I don't see a video for it on their youtube channel.

·
Banned
672 Posts
Sport Bike Track Gear left the whole break pressure modulator in the bike... Their video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu2zSI1m8ps

Alan
There seems to be a lot uncertainty about it. For now why don't you just switch it off and leave everything as is. The modulator is the heaviest part of the whole system anyway so what is the point if you have to leave that bit of dead weight on the bike. I am going to wait until they figure out how to get rid of it without causing any issues with the ECU and fault codes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not a fan of the systems on a sport bike especially for track days etc. too much intervention I know you can dial it down, but I like running certain brake lines as well and brake M/C so that's why I chose to do most people probably will get on fine with it

·
Banned
672 Posts
not a fan of the systems on a sport bike especially for track days etc. too much intervention I know you can dial it down, but I like running certain brake lines as well and brake M/C so that's why I chose to do most people probably will get on fine with it
I am not the fan of ABS on a track either but we should be able to change the rubber brake lines and MC or even the calipers without causing any dramas. And for the track you could just switch the ABS off. Hopefully software will come soon to allow for a complete removal.

·
Yo Yo!!
574 Posts

I see what you're saying

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think the easiest way would be to run lines direct to the front calipers from the front brake pump. Then close off the lines from the front brakes to the abs brake unit. Leave the rear alone. So the system would only ever see pressure from the foot pedal. U don't use the rear much or at all on track anyways. Leave fuses and sensors hooked up.

Anyone think this would work?

Also the yamaha ECU for track use was suppose to fix this abs stuff?? Btw I had no issues with the abs on track. Could bottom the front fork easily under braking. Seems great to me just sayin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Was this figured out? Remove both or one (& which one?)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I unplugged the rear fuse as Van suggested (it is actually the ABS motor fuse, not the solenoid or ECU fuse--which are up front).

ABS light stays on at the dash, but the other systems are working as normal.

(I had ABS on my S1000RR that was always turned 'off' and the light stayed on at the dash too...so I'm ok with it)

·
Registered
1 Posts
How hard is it to remove the Front Hard line for ABS??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
JrcidR1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing