Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,183 Posts

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
And you thought the aftermarket companies had a hard time offering fit and finish for the 2009-2014 model...

Attachments

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
lets hope they do a much better job on this one :(

· Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,585 Posts

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
Yep, looks like the aftermarket screens are likely to be a terrible fit for the most part.
I don't get this shit with tabs and interlocking things pointing in all kinds of directions. Every race bike is using a normal screen attached with normal screws. Even the M1. So how come the bike that is supposed to be the closest thing to MotoGP ever needs this shit...?

· Not every man really lives
3,261 Posts
Nice post with the link for the accessories. Just checked Yamah-Motors webpage the other day and the accessories link still wasn't there. Was going to order up some stuff, but think I'll wait to see if there's going to be better prices.

· Registered
1,365 Posts
I don't get this shit with tabs and interlocking things pointing in all kinds of directions. Every race bike is using a normal screen attached with normal screws. Even the M1. So how come the bike that is supposed to be the closest thing to MotoGP ever needs this shit...?
I agree but I guess there are enough people who want a kind of seamless look with no visible fittings. Also on some bikes (not R1's though) the screens contribute to holding different panels in line. A little bit of form over function unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.