Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Don't Bother Me!!!
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Pit Bull bottom of the fork type front end stand and if you put the bike on the stand, one of the pads is against the TC/ABS wire. I took mine off the stand as soon as I noticed, I'm almost afraid to use it again. Anyone else noticed this, any options to avoid an issue?

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
PitBull makes an add on head-stem lift OP, look into 'em as i've got one n' it works great, matches right up to your current stand

· Get to the chopppaaa!
278 Posts
I use pitbull stands for both front and rear now. Have on all my bikes and have had zero issues with them. I would say look into them if you are concerned.

· Back to the Yamaha community.
771 Posts
I've used Pit Bulls since the 90's and love them but for cleaning wheels and doing tire swaps I may try one of these frame mount stands. The ABBA stand is pretty slick as well especially for cleaning off lower shock links etc.

Does anyone have any experience with these stands that can elaborate on the pros and cons? I'd be interested in hearing what owners say about these new devices.

· Owner of the color changing R1
16,775 Posts
Bacchus has had the black widow stand for awhile. My girlfriend is bringing mine over to me today.. Had to wait till my damn birthday. It's been sitting in her closet for almost 2 months

· Registered
452 Posts
If you have the pitbull triple tree stand it's easier to use the stand if you separate the two parts of the stand and stick the top part into the hole hold it up with one hand and then get the lower part underneath the top part and lift the bike up,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.