Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 326 Posts

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... We have bench kits and bike flash units showing up tomorrow. There will be more arriving weekly.

http://www.gravesport.com/R1-2015.html

http://www.gravesport.com/FlashTune-ECU-Type-18-Yamaha-R1-2015.html

http://www.gravesport.com/FlashTune-ECU-Type-2-Yamaha-R1-2015.html

Chuck is completing the "Graves Spec" maps for the full systems and cat eliminator systems right now. Expect to see the exhausts hit the website and ready to purchase in the next 7 days, along with pricing and dyno graphs. Anyone that has pre-orders in will be called when parts hit the system.

- Shane

· I RACE U LOSE
4,145 Posts
Will the 'flash' be tested with the exhausts as well ? (in a dyno chart)

· Registered
95 Posts
I can't wait to see a dyno for this thing. Its going to be quick anyway, and yes I'm sure you US guys want your ponnies back. What I'm busting to know is, is where and if its lacking for any reason in the midrange for street duty?

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will the 'flash' be tested with the exhausts as well ? (in a dyno chart)
From the original post :) Expect to see the exhausts hit the website and ready to purchase in the next 7 days, along with pricing and dyno graphs.

Wondering if the flash will add the 10 hp back we are apparently losing because of emissions?
Any restrictions the might possibly be there will be handled. There's just a few channels like the ABS setup that's still being developed. The steps to remove it should be ready soon..

"When ordering please include your bike's ECU # in the notes section at checkout to insure the proper setup is sent to you. Thank you."

Will the interface be locked to a specific ECU?
This company developed all the modern flashes. Anything else is a copy. The software that we tested is the new stuff and it performs correctly when mated to one ecu. It functions similar to a power commander you always own it and do what you want. You just have to do it to your own bike. If you want a single flash at $200 mail it flash tune and do it that way.

I'd purchase the unit and take advantage of the advancements when the release instead of being locked into one generic tune that someone most likely guessed or seat of pants dyno'd and tells everyone it's the greatest things going (being honest).

Respectfully...

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then don't include it. It will update to your email registration the first time you connect it. Thx

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is the exact feature list at this time.

A few channels are being fine tuned outside of that but no guarantee or confirmation at this time:

-EXUP bypass
-Steering Damper bypass
-ABS removal

· WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,626 Posts
Bought. Thanks again SpidermanSS :thumbup

It just makes perfect sense to buy the FTECU interface if you are fitting a Gravespec exhaust. You'll have professionally developed maps at your disposal, and with Graves offering the FTECU, you'll get a better support model than our previous interactions with FlashTune.

As with every factory ECU, our US (especially here in California) bikes will be neutered to meet vehicle code regulations. I believe the journalists who rode the bikes in Sydney last week had the opportunity to swap over to "competition ECU's" if desired (reference to article: http://www.sportrider.com/2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-first-ride-review)

Here, we have to remove AIS, EXUP, and charcoal canister, then flash or replace with YEC ECU when prepping a racebike :dundun:

· Registered
344 Posts
Shipping soon and comes with:
Remove ECU Restrictions
High Load Fuel Maps (with PC3 and PC5 map importing)
Low Load (cruising) Fuel Maps and Bias Mapping
Fuel Injector Proportioning
Engine Braking adjustments
Cylinder Specific Ignition Timing
Variable Stack RPM Adjustment
Cooling Fan Temp Adjustment
Remove Top Speed Limiter
Steering Damper Elimination
EXUP Valve Elimination
Force AIS Valve Closed

· I RACE U LOSE
4,145 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but is a flash can force the AIS valve closed, will we still need smog block offs?
Install the block offs at the next plug change, makes plug changes much easier as well as removing some unneeded junk/weight. Lessening popping in the exhaust, and enabling a correct AFR to be read for tuning are the main reasons they're installed.

· Astronomer not Astrologer
11,161 Posts
I hope you guys fix up the throttle curves in the 15+ image you guys provide. The throttle curves have the same issues as the 09-14 has, where you can hold a constant APS, and as the RPMs increase the TPS will open then close and then open again in the stock image...:shake...

I also hope you guys keep that section of the image unlocked, as it is not part of the dyno tune...so that way if you don't want to fix it, we can...Or if you would like some of my input, feel free to shoot me a PM...

· Astronomer not Astrologer
11,161 Posts
It does, and the benefit of block off plates is that air can slip by in the closed state. Block offs ensures that on a dyno or auto tune sees the correct AFR.

1 - 20 of 326 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.