Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
it is the same. I had an original R6 drain bolt cuz I picked up an aluminum magneted one for it, so I did my 1st service today and while I had it off, I checked (and put it in cuz it's already drilled for safety wire) they are the same threads

· Say when.
246 Posts
Mine was missing the washer too. I discovered it was missing was when I was draining the oil for the first time. Of course I didn't pick up a replacement so I just put the plug back in without it and and I haven't had any drips. I'll pick one up for my next oil change and just keep an eye on it for now.

You're probably fine, just be sure not to over tighten.

· This is not a bike, it's a R1!
102 Posts
Mine was missing the washer too. I discovered it was missing was when I was draining the oil for the first time. Of course I didn't pick up a replacement so I just put the plug back in without it and and I haven't had any drips. I'll pick one up for my next oil change and just keep an eye on it for now.

You're probably fine, just be sure not to over tighten.
I think the washer is not missing, it's on there perhaps seized or welded oor welded on there.
I have torque wrench and will apply the 17 ft pound recommender torque.

Does anybodies looks like this?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.