Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright folks, lets get the party started please...

here's the thread y'all been waitin' for! the term is OTD = OUT THE DOOR, please post up what you're hearing, or what you're signing on of course :boobies

we all know the YZF-R1M is limited numbers so of course everybody wants to know what the talk of the town is, as folks initiate contact with Yamaha and their respective dealers, lets see those numbers!!

just so we can keep this easy to understand it would be great if you could specify tx & related fees, location, COLOR & ETA on these bad boys!

keep in mind there's members from all around the globe who are desperately looking for this information so try and be as clear as possible, as others will be able to use this in negotiations in getting the best deal possible.!

here's a little motivation!

·
Devils never cry
224 Posts
Well going from my experience at two dealerships, tax, dealer fees,documentation, etc is an additional $600 (Alabama) and $1200 (Florida) The latter took care of the registration right then and there so that contributed to the final cost.

Expect dealerships to sell the R1M for a couple hundred over msrp before tax and other fees.

·
Waiting for the 2015
14 Posts
They're gonna rip me off, I know it. I've never been good at negotiating with those guys. One time I was buying an r6...got the loan from my credit union and had the check in hand but it was like 50 bucks short. The guy made it kind of a big deal the whole time and I was like...wtf? It's 50 bucks. I couldn't find a way out of it other than to put that 50 on my debit card. I should have just walked out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow you already put a deposit when dealers cant even put in orders until February. I believe so and I think they're only making 500 M models.

·
SEMPER FI 0331
422 Posts
Yes the dealer said they are pretty positive they will get one and since I put a deposit down they emailed their yamaha rep to try and secure one. They said they expect to know for sure by the end of the month. I figured if I wanted one I needed to jump on it fast!

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts
I put a deposit down on a R1M yesterday the OTD price they gave me is $25,315.70. It's says plus tax on the paper but guy told me that was OTD price.

I'm jealous! Nice!

They're gonna rip me off, I know it. I've never been good at negotiating with those guys. One time I was buying an r6...got the loan from my credit union and had the check in hand but it was like 50 bucks short. The guy made it kind of a big deal the whole time and I was like...wtf? It's 50 bucks. I couldn't find a way out of it other than to put that 50 on my debit card. I should have just walked out.
You should've walked out... You know how many dealers would love to sell to you with you walking in with essentially cash in hand? You aren't doing a damn thing through them with financing or anything... It's one of the easiest sales they'll have...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Was talking to the Yamaha dealership today. Its only 500 of the R1M bikes coming to United States. Its only 24 stores getting a bike the top store is getting 2 and everybody's else is getting one. He was telling me all the dealerships in the United States are asking for more already but that's the way it stands right now

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was talking to the Yamaha dealership today. Its only 500 of the R1M bikes coming to United States. Its only 24 stores getting a bike the top store is getting 2 and everybody's else is getting one. He was telling me all the dealerships in the United States are asking for more already but that's the way it stands right now
Hmmm... 500 to USA? That's doesn't add up. 24 stores though everyone of them got two adds up to 48.. not close to 500.

·
XSuROsISX
1,377 Posts
Never finance toys

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
so dealers are actually being allotted M models!?? what happened to contacting YAMAHA and they would initiate & get you in contact with a dealer? so its not up to yamaha? well tahts a bit of good news, their pricing is only a grand more here in canada than it is in the states, if there are to be 500 bikes per country then that makes a little more sense... hmmm, i wonder... gonna have to send an email or make a phone call... ;)

I put a deposit down on a R1M yesterday the OTD price they gave me is $25,315.70. It's says plus tax on the paper but guy told me that was OTD price.
we're gonna need a little detail please, whats TX & fees where you're at!? never mind you're in WA state!! damn just across the border from us, Auburn correct? so thats full MSRP then.. :(

·
SEMPER FI 0331
422 Posts
Yes I'm in auburn WA. I talked to hinshaws a dealer near me. The guy told me they were pretty sure they would get 1 bike and since I made a deposit he emailed their yamaha rep said I should know fairly soon he sounded pretty confident though. I hope they get one!

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blackfoot in Calgary is taking deposits and advertised the M1 at MSRP. Looks like they are planning on getting 1 or more.
thank you!! yeah i'm not buying one @ MSRP.. fack that noize... not to start a debate its just not in the cards as you know our tax brackets are high, and tossing fr/pdi it will bring things to $28grand canadian n' change :no :butt :dundun:

Yes I'm in auburn WA. I talked to hinshaws a dealer near me. The guy told me they were pretty sure they would get 1 bike and since I made a deposit he emailed their yamaha rep said I should know fairly soon he sounded pretty confident though. I hope they get one!
great thanks for posting!! i knew this thread was a good idea :bow

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
update!! Someone has already put a deposit on an R1M in Alberta, the total out the door is less than the Washington price quoted. $24k and change. $22,499 or something like that for the bike. :fork

that is in Alberta though, tax is only 5%, BC is 12% tax

·
Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,558 Posts
thats to much, its lower here.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats to much, its lower here.
agreed, should not be at msrp stateside, WA state is always more expensive though specially if you're close to seattle... should be 20k + tx give or take or less

1 - 20 of 357 Posts