Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
There was another guy too i thought claiming 19,5 otd. I could care less though because im not getting either. I'm in Canyada so we don't have the state taxes, how much are these?

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
There was another guy too i thought claiming 19,5 otd. I could care less though because im not getting either. I'm in Canyada so we don't have the state taxes, how much are these?
that is the dealer i was speaking of, forum member Presgraves posted the details... i've just been chattin' with him :fork

http://www.romneycycles.com/

figured i'd plug his web site n' send some buyers his way :thumbup

2015 R1 for $14500 and the R1M for $19750 out the door, state fees and lic costs are separate

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been just casually reading some early reviews and looking at the pics of the R1 ever since it was recently unveiled. The more I look at that blue R1 the more I want one.

I stopped by my local dealer on the way home form work today and asked when they would have any. He said that Yamaha would start shipping them to the dealers in December. I asked about the $16,490 MSRP. He said he could get me one in the blue color I wanted for $16,000 OTD this winter. All he needed was a $500 deposit.

I'd like to read some real world magazine tests first but this is getting tempting.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
thanks for the info, please post up your location and what tax/fees applies in your state!! 16k for a blue one sounds great unless youre not paying taxes in which case, not so great :sneaky

again, we need details folks!! state tax in oregon is 0%, wa state is 8.5%, out here in Canada, Alberta is 5%, while BC is 12%...

what people want to know is a price they can quote their dealer to start negotiations... quoting an otd price when your own state tx is next to nothing wont get you very far on other states

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
I bought my '12 WGP from Romney on black Fri. in Nov. '11 for 12,995 when all 'local' dealers wanted 14,500, and didn't even have them yet in stock ! Very nice people to buy from, I highly recommend them. Enjoyed the 'new bike smell' all the way home too (225 miles) while taking peeks at it in the rear view mirror, even got the chance to ride it later that evening when my vans alternator crapped out 15 miles from home :shake which had me fixing the van the next morning (Sat.) before I could enjoy a ride on my new bike :scared They also charged no BS setup or freight fees :sneaky

·
Registered
125 Posts
I asked about the $16,490 MSRP. He said he could get me one in the blue color I wanted for $16,000 OTD this winter.
thanks for the info, please post up your location and what tax/fees applies in your state!! 16k for a blue one sounds great unless youre not paying taxes in which case, not so great
Alrighty. I live in MO. The way it works here is that a buyer pays the sales tax when they register their vehicle at the DMV. Thus, the $16,000 price I was quoted today is just for the bike itself, not including any taxes or related fees.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Alrighty. I live in MO. The way it works here is that a buyer pays the sales tax when they register their vehicle at the DMV. Thus, the $16,000 price I was quoted today is just for the bike itself, not including any taxes or related fees.
cool, thanks that is exactly what i thought!! out here in Canada you pay taxes @ the dealership when you pick up the bike, mind you they usually have a broker come out and arrange insurance n' all that jazz...

for us OUT THE DOOR means registered and in your garage, :fact

hey also charged no BS setup or freight fees :sneaky
setup fees and all that jazz are an averaged out value on time dealer will spend putting a bike together n' such, but you have cruisers on one end which take forever
and a day right next to scooters which take 5 minutes.. sportbikes are pretty damn easy to put together as its usually just screen mirrors, battery, clipons n' check bolts
are painted in yellow, meaning they were checked at the factory etc... as far as freight, ymmv but most dealers are smart enough to save $ on those costs anyway
if you were personally shipping the bike from Japan to your house that would be a different deal

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
:fork Two (2) R1 50th Anniversaries for sale.... 1) 2006 ..1) 2012..will trade for 1) 2015 R1 (blue/white) :sneaky $14,800 that's a killer price !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Out The Door Prices

http://troycitygarage.com/Street_Bikes.htm
R1M 19500.00
FREIGHT AND PREP 360.00
TAX AND DMV FEES. 1588.80
TOTAL OTD FOR THE R1M IS 21,448.80
I have 1st 1 coming in.

Great Prices...I Have looked At That Dealer For Years Online But Never Bought From Them

Your welcome, I have bought 11 bikes from them and they always treat me great...Just got a brand new YZ250 last week for ice racing!!!
My Deal Is Not As Good As Yours But My Dealer Is Close And Treats Me Right.

I Wanted To Pay $21,990 Out The Door With Taxes, Dmv, Freight And Prep.

My Dealer Quoted Me $22,996.38 All In Out The Door And I Think It's A Fair Deal For Me.

That's $1000 More Than I Wanted To Pay And About $1500 More Than You Are Paying.

This Bike Will Be Hard To Get And Some Dealers Have More Overhead Than Others Prices Will Vary.

I Like My Dealer And Want Them To Stay Open Plus Keep The Lights On. Im Ok If They Make A Little Profit.

I Bought Over 12 Street Bikes Plus Dirt Bikes From Them And Know The Owner So That's The Family Price.

Good Luck With Your New R1M...When Did He Say You Would Get The Bike Feb?

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
$14,500 at Romney, will IMO most likely be the lowest price you'll see, or be able to get one for. The 'other dealer' lists it at $14,800 , but also charges a BS setup and freight fee, adding $355 to the cost, bringing the actual price to $15,155. I'd drive to Romney again knowing I got the best deal around, and NO BS FEES ! Almost $2k off MSRP is unheard of (IMO again) for a new model like this.

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
http://troycitygarage.com/Street_Bikes.htm
R1M 19500.00
FREIGHT AND PREP 360.00
TAX AND DMV FEES. 1588.80
TOTAL OTD FOR THE R1M IS 21,448.80
I have 1st 1 coming in.
Great Prices...I Have looked At That Dealer For Years Online But Never Bought From Them

My Deal Is Not As Good As Yours But My Dealer Is Close And Treats Me Right.

I Wanted To Pay $21,990 Out The Door With Taxes, Dmv, Freight And Prep.

My Dealer Quoted Me $22,996.38 All In Out The Door And I Think It's A Fair Deal For Me.

That's $1000 More Than I Wanted To Pay And About $1500 More Than You Are Paying.

This Bike Will Be Hard To Get And Some Dealers Have More Overhead Than Others Prices Will Vary.

I Like My Dealer And Want Them To Stay Open Plus Keep The Lights On. Im Ok If They Make A Little Profit.

I Bought Over 12 Street Bikes Plus Dirt Bikes From Them And Know The Owner So That's The Family Price.

Good Luck With Your New R1M...When Did He Say You Would Get The Bike Feb?
Lucky bastids ! :nforc:

61 - 80 of 357 Posts