Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
For those interested, preliminary retail pricing puts the CCU/GPS north of $1000. That's just as a hard part, factor in the seat cowl and it should be at least $1,200 to outfit a standard R1.

And, the front fender alone on the M retails for over $1,800. Looks like those running track days should definitely invest in race bodywork.

The majority of the parts still have TBA pricing.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
yikes, thats one spicy meatball

· Life is too short for traffic
38 Posts
For those interested, preliminary retail pricing puts the CCU/GPS north of $1000. That's just as a hard part, factor in the seat cowl and it should be at least $1,200 to outfit a standard R1.
The seat cowls for the R1 and R1M look different. It seems that the R1M seat is prepared to attach the GPS. What about the R1? Is there a seat cowl in blue, that is prepared for the GPS ?

Attachments

· I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,912 Posts

And, the front fender alone on the M retails for over $1,800. Looks like those running track days should definitely invest in race bodywork.

I can see the CCU being pricey by the time you get the unit, sender, wiring, bracket and cowl, the cowl alone is just short of $300. However that fender price has got to be a mistake, I could nearly get a full set of Cleverwolf carbon for that.

· Sine Labore Nihil
133 Posts
A question that I have is will the R1M come with 2 seat cowls? One "race" cowl with the spot for the GPS receiver and a "standard" cowl with the pad for passengers along with the foot pegs. I have seen pictures of the R1M with both options since the launch.

· Registered
186 Posts
The seat cowls for the R1 and R1M look different. It seems that the R1M seat is prepared to attach the GPS. What about the R1? Is there a seat cowl in blue, that is prepared for the GPS ?
So far, I'm seeing two different seat cowl part numbers for each color, so I'm thinking there will be one regular cowl and another that is compatible with the CCU.

A question that I have is will the R1M come with 2 seat cowls? One "race" cowl with the spot for the GPS receiver and a "standard" cowl with the pad for passengers along with the foot pegs. I have seen pictures of the R1M with both options since the launch.
Looking at the parts fiche, the R1M will have a passenger seat and a separate seat cowl for the CCU.

· Registered
374 Posts
I guess Yamaha realized if they made their carbon bits at a fair price then they would loose the value of the R1M since it is supposed to be special, and people would easily buy the M's cowling. Like someone said, you can buy more bits for that price. Full coverage is deff needed on these machines.

· Sine Labore Nihil
133 Posts
Looking at the parts fiche, the R1M will have a passenger seat and a separate seat cowl for the CCU.
Thanks for the info. :thumbup

How are you all seeing prices? When I go there all I see are the parts and an option to "Add to Wishlist", which fails when I click the button. Help me, I am slow. :corkysm9:

· Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the info. :thumbup

How are you all seeing prices? When I go there all I see are the parts and an option to "Add to Wishlist", which fails when I click the button. Help me, I am slow. :corkysm9:
If your registered, hover over your "Welcome Name," and in the drop down box click "my wish list" bada bing bada boom.

· Registered
452 Posts
I guess Yamaha realized if they made their carbon bits at a fair price then they would loose the value of the R1M since it is supposed to be special, and people would easily buy the M's cowling. Like someone said, you can buy more bits for that price. Full coverage is deff needed on these machines.
It's going to be very expensive if you own a r1m and you damage it and want to buy the oem parts. One more reason not to buy the r1m.

· Registered
374 Posts
It's going to be very expensive if you own a r1m and you damage it and want to buy the oem parts. One more reason not to buy the r1m.
I'm Happy I made the switch from the R1M to the R1. That extra $8k to $9k can dress her up nice with aftermarket goodies, track fairings, gear, race tires, insurance, track fee's or even keep my pockets fat - man skies the limit. But she is pretty though. :dollar

· Registered
865 Posts

Wondering how this will attach to the dash on the r1? Guess the $1000 unit will come with a wiring harness, wondering if the dash has a USB port or something?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.