Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on a casual ride and did one hard pull on a straight away. Then about a mile later it shut off and won't start. It's got fuel and battery so I'm thinking ignition coils. Tried popping the clutch and jumping it but nothing. what are the chance multiple coils went bad. I'm mechanically inclined but not electrically inclined. And advice is appreciated. Plan on taking the bike apart this weekend. 13k miles on the bike.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Does the bike live outside? I had a similar intermittent problem on my 2004 R1. It turns out that there was a problem with the wiring in the ignition switch. Installing a new lock set and ignition (i got an ignition that was already attached to an upper triple) solved the problem.

Other than that, check the side stand sensor in diagnostic mode

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It stays on the garage but ive ridden in the rain recently. I'll check that thanks.
Does the bike live outside? I had a similar intermittent problem on my 2004 R1. It turns out that there was a problem with the wiring in the ignition switch. Installing a new lock set and ignition (i got an ignition that was already attached to an upper triple) solved the problem.

Other than that, check the side stand sensor in diagnostic mode
It stays on the garage but ive ridden in the rain recently. I'll check that thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts