Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Yamahaaa!!
388 Posts
I'm hoping to buy tech/service manuals when they are available---or whenever someone uploads them for free :D but to answer your Q---no.
I didn't even know frame sliders were available yet, but I did buy the graves fender eliminator and am having a custom seat made. I saw you posting in another thread about maintenance and I'm with you on doing everything on my own. I did everything but suspension/brake work on my previous bikes, but that's just because I don't have the space to do such work.

Did you already do your 600 mile service?

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping to buy tech/service manuals when they are available---or whenever someone uploads them for free :D but to answer your Q---no.
I didn't even know frame sliders were available yet, but I did buy the graves fender eliminator and am having a custom seat made. I saw you posting in another thread about maintenance and I'm with you on doing everything on my own. I did everything but suspension/brake work on my previous bikes, but that's just because I don't have the space to do such work.

Did you already do your 600 mile service?
I'm planning to do everything but brake, and valve work. On my last bike I let the dealer do everything but oil changes. This time around I feel like I don't feel compelled to ride every second of my life so I'm making time to work on my bike. I'm still not at 600 yet are you?

· The Boss
145 Posts
Sorry to bump an older thread - was searching for torque specs for the rear axle. 137 ft/lbs seems really high - roughly 50% more than any other axle I've worked on [80-90lbs]. I have seen in the past where service manuals were printed incorrectly... I was hoping an experienced mechanic might chime in and confirm it's 137ft/lb for the rear axle?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.