Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought a 2015 R1 which arrived with Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa with very little wear remaining.
I will only use the bike for road use.
I was thinking about replacing these with the latest multi compound Bridgestone Battlax S22
Anyone give advice on these tyres or any others for road use?
Also i have noticed on the front tyre Supercorsa currently on the bike it says 85W where as the Bridgestone Battlax front says 58W? Would this be okay??
Thanks

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
the supercorsa has 1135LB weight rating the battle has 520LB. the w after it is the speed rating that the tire is reduced to at max load. so if you and your girl go on a road trip with some bags then you can only go 168mph with the battlax. you should be fine.

·
I miss my R1
2,984 Posts
Personally I go for sport touring tires on my bikes, because I don't push above 7/10ths on the road and don't do track days.

Pilot Road 4, Road 5's can't be beat imo (even though I went with Bridgestone T31's this time).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my previous 2011 R1 i had Michelin Pilot Power3 2CT and i was very impressed with them. Only a little slippery when cold and wet but soon warmed up and gripped well in good weather. My bikes are not used often and only on good dry days.

I just had an email from Bridgestone customer service advising the Battlax S21 as they say the S22 has not yet been tested on my bike?

I am now deciding between the Bridgestone Battlax S21 or just going back to the Michelin Pilot Power 3 2CT that i have used on both my previous 2011 and 2007 R1's

Any advise between these two ?

·
An R1 kinda day!
253 Posts
Can't say enough about the Michelin Power RS. Getting ready to go on my 3rd set in a couple months. 5 to 6 thousand miles a season

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe a bit late for the original discussion but to continue with it .....

Dunlop SportSmart Mk3

They are the new street sport tire from Dunlop to compete with the Metzeler M7RR, which have been around a while now.

I had these Dunlops fited on my 2019 R1 straight from the showroon floor, sold the OE Bridgestones that were on it unused.

Great tyres, just come back from the Isle of Man, watching the TT. Rain, high speed corners everthing - superb road tyres.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.