Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
I wonder if this is the same exhaust?
Not same.
The exhaust in the video is the full kit exhaust (a prototype version of this: http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/15632?brandId=41&modelId=327&yearId=3737)
The exhaust in your picture is the slip-on (http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/15579?brandId=41&modelId=327&yearId=3737)

By the way, that video appear to be made just outside the workshop at Yamaha Germany (the place where the factory racing effort will be located). The guy at the throttle is the electronic guru, previously associated with the french endurance team.

9,338 Posts
That's for the full system. Yeah I think the evo is titanium.
I am positive it is, just wanted to confirm. Hmmmmm, still pricey but I expected it to be more, so I guess the price is a good thing..:D

The slip-on will prolly be around 1500 for TI...

I wanna see a high exit dammit!!!!

EDIT: Arata just responded to me, no news yet from Japan if they are making a pipe for the 2015 R1...grrrrrr

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
I wonder if Austin Racing have something in mind?
I had an e-mail conversation with Rich some time ago about some other matters. We did also talk about the 2015 R1. They will offer a full exhaust as well as a slip-on, but don't expect a release within soon. They will have access to no bike before the production bikes are shipped to the customers.

· Not every man really lives
3,261 Posts

That's not too bad. The Akra for my D675 cost more and they only make a Ti full system. Either way, I'd contact Riders Discount for pricing :deal2:

I wonder if Austin Racing have something in mind?

Curious as well. That's what I'm running on my Daytona. If they make a slip-on that eliminates the box below, I'm sold. There's two clamps just before the box so I'm sure there's going to be a Y-pipe available in due time. One thing I've noticed though, AR pretty much uses the same canisters for multiple bikes; just the connecting pipes change.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.