Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I’m trying to install my YEC harness on my bike and there’s a connector on the front of the harness that I have no idea where it goes. If anyone can help me locate where it goes, that would be much appreciate! Thanks
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle Bicycle accessory

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just parted with my '17 YEC harness or I'd go look again. I want to say that was another CAN connector. Mine had a rubber boot on it, and it just laid on top of the valve cover since I used the CAN plug under the seat area instead.
I don't recall fiddling with any other 4 pin connectors up there, which reinforces my CAN plug suspicion.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just parted with my '17 YEC harness or I'd go look again. I want to say that was another CAN connector. Mine had a rubber boot on it, and it just laid on top of the valve cover since I used the CAN plug under the seat area instead.
I don't recall fiddling with any other 4 pin connectors up there, which reinforces my CAN plug suspicion.
I appreciate the help! I’ll have to take a look at this when I get home and double check, but I’m pretty sure there is already a 2 pin aux power supply up there. If that’s what you mean by CAN connector

·
G'Daam I LOVE BIKES
489 Posts
here’s some pics of my 15 if this helps at all
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts