Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· My R1 eats me.
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who to contact for YEC kit parts for the 2015 R1? Looking for cams, valve springs, retainers, cam chain tensioners, velocity stacks, and gaskets.

Also would like to know if the flash kit will be compatible with all of these parts as opposed to a full YEC kit ecu and harness.

· Registered
485 Posts
Anyone know who to contact for YEC kit parts for the 2015 R1? Looking for cams, valve springs, retainers, cam chain tensioners, velocity stacks, and gaskets.

Also would like to know if the flash kit will be compatible with all of these parts as opposed to a full YEC kit ecu and harness.
Call Graves Motorsports.. They are a YEC performance dealer.

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
Graves is the YEC distributor for the United States...

THe first order for YEC was in November, the second January. If you haven't placed the order yet then we can only hope there is extras for what ever you need. If not the next order is in a month.

That's stuff will arrive in August. Thank you.

-Shane @ Graves

· My R1 eats me.
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off the phone with you. Ill be up at my shop tomorrow getting my order together. We will send you an email with everything in it. Thanks for all the info btw. Graves is by far the best performance company for yamaha. hands down.

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
type 8 is a pig tail you mount on the bike / type 18 flashes off the bike. The descriptions on our website are accurate.

If you are not flashing the bike you will need a exup elim. If you are flashing that will be in the flash (turning off the check engine light).

· My R1 eats me.
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Shane, That's what I figured I just wanted to double check, also wanted to get this info on the forum for anyone who was wondering the same.

Sometimes i read stuff,and I don't understand what I'm looking at :78:

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
YEC isn't really for the public consumption. It's for a race bike only and disables speedometer functions. Just putting that out there.

You use a race harness that removes signals and any unnecessary outlets.. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.