Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· I am lost
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting for my R1m to come in. In the mean time I looking at some mods but I would like to keep it strictly yamaha since yamaha work with yoshimura on this exhaust I will consider it. What you think stay with gytr when they release it or go with the yoshi

· 22 is too many...
13,493 Posts
Arrow's system is pretty damn trick...and I know Graves is going to produce a bellypan with their system as well. Shane said he is going to post it up when they have it ready for production.

· I am lost
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never use arrow. I had yoshi or 2bros

· 22 is too many...
13,493 Posts
I never use arrow. I had yoshi or 2bros
I like the quality better of a Graves and Arrow system, I liked Yosh but their carbon always turns colors and they age poorly imo and I cant stand the look of 2Bros, but to each their own. I will never knock someones kit unless they are rocking a Toce undertail!!! :lol

· I am lost
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Graves I heard good things about I'll take a look them. I was really looking at yoshi bc yamaha collaborated with them to make the R1 series

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
I would have never considered Yoshi for my 05 but on the new 15 it looks like it's going to look great. That being said my top choices right now for when I pick my 15 up is Graves, Yoshi, Austin Racing, Arrow.

I've never run Austin Racing but some of the guys here swear by them and they released soem teaser pics the other day and it looks really promising.

I refuse to buy something without a bellypan though :fact

· I am lost
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What you mean you won't buy something with. Out a belly pan. The only belly pan I know is for the oil catcher

· 22 is too many...
13,493 Posts
:no when you remove the stock exhaust it leaves a massive blank spot so when replacing the exhaust if you so choose you hang the new exhaust with a belly pan addition to fill that gap....makes her look much better.

· I am lost
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dose the exhaust comes with a belly pan?

14,358 Posts
None of them so far. Waiting to see though! Graves has one in development right now though :fact

· 22 is too many...
13,493 Posts
None of them so far. Waiting to see though! Graves has one in development right now though :fact
:fact Shane said they would be out soon soon soon. :rock
I think most will eventually come out with one once they start losing sales to companies that do provide one with their system.

· I am lost
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm looking at graves exhaust on line what's the difference between there slip on and the link system or are they the same ?

14,358 Posts
Looks fine to me AND drops over 14 lbs of weight!
The pipe looks good! I just think the bike looks awkward without the bellypan. As for the weight savings, if I was tracking it I'd be all for it! :lol I could cut 14 pounds off myself before I could get used to the bike without the bellypan. Personal preferences :)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.