Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you plan on flipping this bike from track to street, or simply only want the rear pegs on there when needed. This mod is a must.

Super simple.
- drill a hole over the rear peg bolt mount.
- clean up with a rat-tail file (round file)
- Done!

I didn't take a pic after I honed and rounded the hole with a rat-tail. The round file cleans it up real nice.

Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Tire
Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Car Motorcycle accessories
Auto part Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Automotive exterior Brake

· Not every man really lives
3,261 Posts
That would be a lot quicker, but the six bolts that hold that plate down aren't that time consuming enough for me to consider drilling holes into it (even thought it's just plastic and can't be seen).

· Hope is what makes us Human.
8,556 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
I was going to take mine off and throw them in a box but man they work great as tie downs in the back when trailering to the track. Might just leave them on. Use the strap against them and not the hook and they don't even scratch ;)

· Administrator
27,555 Posts
I was going to take mine off and throw them in a box but man they work great as tie downs in the back when trailering to the track. Might just leave them on. Use the strap against them and not the hook and they don't even scratch ;)
You don't need them if you have a pitbull trailer restraint system. :flex:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.