Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the little caps come off of the stock tail?

I have the screw cap (two tab) off and the screw out but I can't figure out how the....grommet? piece comes out that goes in the tail kit for the turn signal fitment, releases.

Also, For the money i'm disappointed the graves kit doesn't have a tag light and is also a little on the bulky, heavy side. I like to be able to sometimes add a little more angle to my tail :bigsmile:

· My Other Bike is an M1
223 Posts
The turn signals just push out after you pry that flat piece of plastic off. Then you gently use a screw driver and push them out. I did not take the screw out. You'll pull on the signal a bit to help get them, but don't pull too hard. Look for the end that has a split in it.

I too thought the Graves was a bit heavy.

· Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The turn signals just push out after you pry that flat piece of plastic off. Then you gently use a screw driver and push them out. I did not take the screw out. You'll pull on the signal a bit to help get them, but don't pull too hard. Look for the end that has a split in it.

I too thought the Graves was a bit heavy.
Thanks, Ill take a look at it a little later.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the product in all honestly... I will definitely be junking it for something else when someone releases a better one. Considering what you're getting I think it's way over priced too, but hey... thats what you can do when you're first to market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.