Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1517 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice and I heard them say that everyone are running the same tires, no more open class
- same tires: Michelin (slick, rain and new introduction odf intermediate)
- unified electronic: Marelli
- same amount of gasoline: 22 litres
- number of engines are still different, but not much: 7 for standard, 9 for concession teams (devs without podiums: Suzuki, Aprilia)

·
a/k/a Steph
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
- same tires: Michelin (slick, rain and new introduction odf intermediate)
- unified electronic: Marelli
- same amount of gasoline: 22 litres
- number of engines are still different, but not much: 7 for standard, 9 for concession teams (devs without podiums: Suzuki, Aprilia)
Nice hopefully it gives everyone a good go at top spots

·
Registered
340 Posts
it looks like Petrucci has to give up the Qatar GP, how bad and unfortunate!

During FP3 a couple of screws in his hand have moved while riding without restraint...too risky.

very sad, he was doing great considering the injuries

·
Registered
340 Posts
Rossi and Yamaha just announced contract extension for 2017 and 2018. Hells yeah 😎
and now let just see when JL rumors about leaving Yamaha are confirmed!

Who do you like to see next to VR46 in the next two years?
Smith? Petrux (I don't think he'll leave Ducati)? Maverick?

·
a/k/a Steph
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)

Maverick Vinales or Aleix Espargaro would be a good choice I think, both are talented and would love to see them on an M1. AEsp contract ends in 2017. Petrucci would be nice too. http://www.totalsportek.com/motogp/riders-salaries/.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts

Jorge isn't going anywhere. Yamaha isn't going to let go of the 2016 champ. ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Jorge isn't going anywhere. Yamaha isn't going to let go of the 2016 champ. ;)
Maybe...maybe not.

1. JL was interested to renew before Qatar (probably playing the card on the title for a step increase), Yamaha said not so soon;
2. JL already had a fight to renew 2 years ago: about the compensation;
3. Rumors are Ducati is pushing with money to have him. A point he certainly likes. And he would work with his old chief from Aprilia (Dall'Igna);
4. last, but not least...VR has surprisingly renewed before Qatar race...and it's not a mystery JL disliked Yamaha tone during the end of last season.

I'd like to see how he performs on a different manufacturer ride.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Maybe...maybe not.

1. JL was interested to renew before Qatar (probably playing the card on the title for a step increase), Yamaha said not so soon;
2. JL already had a fight to renew 2 years ago: about the compensation;
3. Rumors are Ducati is pushing with money to have him. A point he certainly likes. And he would work with his old chief from Aprilia (Dall'Igna);
4. last, but not least...VR has surprisingly renewed before Qatar race...and it's not a mystery JL disliked Yamaha tone during the end of last season.

I'd like to see how he performs on a different manufacturer ride.
Ducati denied offering Lorenzo a contract and even used the word "pissed" about the rumor being spread. They said they're happy with their current riders.

And Lorenzo doesn't have to take Yamaha's first offer, he 'can' make them squirm because he IS the champ. Rossi on the other hand... He's got to jump on something, especially after the black eye he gave the entire series last year. The Doctor lost a lot of respect from a lot of fans.

·
The Poe Poe!
637 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
He's got to jump on something, especially after the black eye he gave the entire series last year. The Doctor lost a lot of respect from a lot of fans.
from the audience noise when they announced raider names before Q2: "Yeahhh for VR, Boooo for JL" ...didn't see a lot like that :grin2:

we'll see overtime

21 - 40 of 1517 Posts