Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1501 - 1517 of 1517 Posts

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,784 Posts
Looks like Jorge is starting off hot. Still, 2016 will be 1.Marquez, 2.Rossi, 3.Lorenzo.

Unless Vinales finishes the race 1st or 2nd and Lorenzo crashes out, then Vinales bumps to 3rd in the championship and Lorenzo drops to 4th.

Hmmm...

·
The Poe Poe!
645 Posts
Well, as predicted JLo did his thing. Good last ride for him.

MM made the late come on and almost got there.

VR had the pace early but Damn that Maniac and his Rocket ship power!!! lol
I sure HOPE Yamaha can up the power game to play with the Ducs and Hondas next year.

WHOMEVER makes the 2017 Preseason and / or Spoiler Thread, Post it here so we can all carry over on there. I can't wait to watch the Preseason testing on Tuesday on BeInSports.

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,906 Posts
Well, as predicted JLo did his thing. Good last ride for him.

MM made the late come on and almost got there.

VR had the pace early but Damn that Maniac and his Rocket ship power!!! lol
I sure HOPE Yamaha can up the power game to play with the Ducs and Hondas next year.

WHOMEVER makes the 2017 Preseason and / or Spoiler Thread, Post it here so we can all carry over on there. I can't wait to watch the Preseason testing on Tuesday on BeInSports.

Got it!!!!! http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/88-motogp/581042-2017-motogp-season-**spoiler-alert**.html#post8299042

·
Banned
522 Posts
Michelin up'd it's game with a new softer carcass front tire(s) with what sounds like better edge grip and feedback. The result was a Lorenzo Dominated weekend and another win. Great way to end his tenure at Yamaha. Yamaha will def miss his production next season, Vin is a talented replacement, but he's no Lorenzo and I've seen nothing from Rossi to make me think he can win a head to head with Marquez on a "well sorted" RCV in 2017.
I hate to say it, but I don't think any Yamaha/Rider combo (Lorenzo included) is much of a match vs. Marquez & a sorted Honda, but we shall see...

On the other hand if Lorenzo gels quickly with a GP17 and Michelin continue with their present softer construction tires we could see Ducati/Lorenzo mount a strong championship challenge! Ducati is rumored to be making the necessary changes to the GP17 to better taylor it to Lorenzo's style.

Hopefully, we can discuss the 2017 season without the personal attacks and Name calling...

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,408 Posts
Michelin up'd it's game with a new softer carcass front tire(s) with what sounds like better edge grip and feedback. The result was a Lorenzo Dominated weekend and another win. Great way to end his tenure at Yamaha. Yamaha will def miss his production next season, Vin is a talented replacement, but he's no Lorenzo and I've seen nothing from Rossi to make me think he can win a head to head with Marquez on a "well sorted" RCV in 2017.
I hate to say it, but I don't think any Yamaha/Rider combo (Lorenzo included) is much of a match vs. Marquez & a sorted Honda, but we shall see...

On the other hand if Lorenzo gels quickly with a GP17 and Michelin continue with their present softer construction tires we could see Ducati/Lorenzo mount a strong championship challenge! Ducati is rumored to be making the necessary changes to the GP17 to better taylor it to Lorenzo's style.

Hopefully, we can discuss the 2017 season without the personal attacks and Name calling...
MM is young and very aggressive. At times to much! Fantastic rider :smile2:
JL on a duc, it can go down as it did to Rossi. Duc's have a lot of power, will be interesting to see if JL visor doesnt fog up and run out of the circuit :hammer:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That looked very like a "normal transmission has been resumed" race. It is a Lorenzo track, although it was a real pity that MM ****ed up the start so badly.

Testing should be very, very interesting. I'd love to see Lorenzo and Stoner on the GP17 Ducati!

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

1501 - 1517 of 1517 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.