Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently deployed with dangerous amounts of window shopping going on. Lots of theory crafting and finally realized I ride maybe an hour or two max at a time, maybe 1-2 times a week, and never really that far. I have always been in insane love with the sound and looks of the R1. Only thing I worry about is fitting on the hoe. I’m 6’3”, 185lbs athletic build. I’ve read about HeliBars but haven’t quite seen anything about adjustable rear sets that end up more comfortable and less track oriented than the originals. Has anyone here made their bike a little more road and a little less track?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would start by changing out the hard seat and having your suspension setup for your weight. Check tyre pressures, factory recommendation is far too high resulting in hard tyres. Should make a bit of a difference for comfort, theory is that the seat won’t be rock hard and jar you when the bike hits bumps etc. You could spend a lot of money on bar risers and rear sets and find it ruins the bike. Start off simple and then try ride someone else’s bike / read reviews before dropping a boat load of cash.

·
64 degrees?? Pfff. I can do 90
101 Posts
6'3 @ 225, I enjoy it on the track, but I wished the tank was taller and hooked into the legs better. Then again most bikes are pretty tight. 100% track but the attack rearsets have about the best adjustability I've seen. Personally I think other bikes are better suited and more forgiving for anyone 6'+ looking at any length of street riding.

·
Venom X/O
24,027 Posts
6'3 @ 225, I enjoy it on the track, but I wished the tank was taller and hooked into the legs better. Then again most bikes are pretty tight. 100% track but the attack rearsets have about the best adjustability I've seen. Personally I think other bikes are better suited and more forgiving for anyone 6'+ looking at any length of street riding.
That’s solved with a tank shroud.
6’, 190lbs, athletic build. 3” in height ain’t gonna hurt you, you’ll fit the bike fine.
Fahhckin send it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would start by changing out the hard seat and having your suspension setup for your weight. Check tyre pressures, factory recommendation is far too high resulting in hard tyres. Should make a bit of a difference for comfort, theory is that the seat won’t be rock hard and jar you when the bike hits bumps etc. You could spend a lot of money on bar risers and rear sets and find it ruins the bike. Start off simple and then try ride someone else’s bike / read reviews before dropping a boat load of cash.
Yeah the seat is something I've read about a ton, makes sense, good advice.

Better suited yes, but as long as this is tolerable, I love the looks and engine so much.

That’s solved with a tank shroud.
6’, 190lbs, athletic build. 3” in height ain’t gonna hurt you, you’ll fit the bike fine.
Fahhckin send it
I'm all about fahhckin sending it, can't wait for some test rides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts