Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2016 R1m
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the market to buy a exhaust system and so far I’ve come down to either Akrapovic titanium or the Austin Racing gp1r both slipons with the link pipe. Ive heard that Austin racing is very loud even with the db killer and could get annoying after riding for a while and the Akrapovic looks nicer to me but doesn’t sound as mean as Austin Racing and always sound different in every video I’ve seen on YouTube. Help me decide thanks

·
2016 R1m
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I want the bike to sound nice I hate hearing my lifters when I’m riding and performance would be nice too so maybe both lol

·
Nevermore
1,037 Posts
What's wrong with Graves?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I heard one on a KTM super duke with and w/ out . I know a 2cyl. Still hurt my ears. I have a carbon Graves, I think 265mm ?still has lots of bass , but sounds amazing

·
Registered
12 Posts
AR GP1R owner here, in my opinion it isn’t that loud with the packing fitted proper and it sounds phenomenal. I have a flash from Bauce racing along with it, would like to see a dyno figure from someone with an AR 3/4, apparently it suffers comparatively in the mid range. However, if i could have found a used akra evo I would have went with that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
R1rick85
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing