Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres whats happening guys.

Im on my 3rd quickshifter now and im still having the same problem. Its not working while shifting at high rpms a d sometimes at low. Ive changed the quickshifter multiple times with no success. It would work for sometime then dies.

I dont want anyone to jump and say stop washing the bike cuz the last one i had was bought 3 days ago and now its not working and i have not washed the bike since.

I have uploaded a video on youtube please check it out and see whats happening:

Im going to change to woolich quickshifter as the guys here tune with woolich.

Please advise on what i should do.
Is it the gear?
Is it the cable that routes from the quickshifter to the ecu?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I would start with checking the QS harness and plug
This is quick and easy as most of the harness layes open. Might have to lift the tank.

Mabye the plug terminals are corroded, or there some loose pins into the ECU plug?

Is it the OEM QS?
Is the bike flashed?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would start with checking the QS harness and plug
This is quick and easy as most of the harness layes open. Might have to lift the tank.

Mabye the plug terminals are corroded, or there some loose pins into the ECU plug?

Is it the OEM QS?
Is the bike flashed?
Yes it is the oem quickshifter
I already changed the qs 3 times.
Yes the bike is flashed however no issues happened until last april.

I will check the qs harness and ecu connection.

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't work at all in high rpm's? Or sometimes it does n sometimes it doesn't?
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt.
I will change to gp shifting and see how it goes as pushing down the shift lever will for sure be more strong.
The rod and the shaft lever are 90 degrees appart just like oem. So its deffenetly not a miss allignment.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
He has been through 3 of them so it's safe to say it's probably in the wiring and not the switch itself. The danos quick shifter is too sensitive I don't recommend it at all. I would pull off the ecu plug and put your leads from a multimeter on the 2 pins for the quick shifter and push it to test it. Check for loose wires and I would pull on the wires individually on the back of the ecu plug. Its possible they come undone if they weren't locked in fully.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys its good to know and dissapointing to say that it turned out to be the racong boots. Im using oem rear sets with up shifting (non gp style). It turns out if i switch my boots to my normal riding boots whoch is a tcx there is no problems at all.
Good to note is that my racing boots is thw dainese tourque d1 out.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doesn't work at all in high rpm's? Or sometimes it does n sometimes it doesn't?
I was reading the issues you were having and it turns out that that is some thing that is happening with mine now all the sudden at high rpm but only in 2nd gear gp shifting to 1st should I also check the plugs and wires ? Shifts fine when using the clutch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was reading the issues you were having and it turns out that that is some thing that is happening with mine now all the sudden at high rpm but only in 2nd gear gp shifting to 1st should I also check the plugs and wires ? Shifts fine when using the clutch.
Mines a 2019 r1 by the way and I have wore the same boots every time but while in high rpm in the green the up shift gp style from 2nd to 1st it sometimes won't shift with the blip shift I have to pull clutch in.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
with riding boots they are thicker so when you shift and you leave your foot under the shifter it doesn't let the shifter go back to its resting position sometimes. It works like a rather so it has to fully go back to rest or else it won't be able to grab the next gear. Adjust the shifter to fit your boot comfortably and if your having this problem start trying it and taking your boot away from the shifter each gear. This can also happen gp shift as well. Also for downshift. It's a common problem and it's nothing to do with the boots themselves it's you not used to using the boots on this bike and not having proper adjustments. When I first went to boots I was riding the rear brake and not noticing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts