Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Update: So I asked around the thread that was suggested, and ended up testing my quickshifter, and found it to be no good! Which sucks, but I'll find another one. All my fairings should be here in the next two weeks or so, and we should be cleared for take off! Got a special surprise in store for you guys. Hehe Just got my Q3s in, but I haven't put 'em on yet because I got distracted redoing my garage. Lol I think I came out pretty good, what do you guys think? View attachment 990843 View attachment 990845

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
What's wrong with the quickshifter? Did you activate it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What's wrong with the quickshifter? Did you activate it?
I couldn't activate it. I tried for 3 days straight. I finally ended up testing it and it was no good. Something got fried along the line, but I couldn't find it. Ended up just putting the regular shifter back on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lots of stuff going on right now guys. I started school again, I'm working on another project. (Triumph Thruxton) And I had a hell of a time sourcing the front headlight cowl! The seller I bought the fairings from didn't send it, so I had to open up a case against them on ebay. I ended up buying a whole other set just for that part! I was worth it though guys. I came home from school today and there was this big box waiting for me. So I of course naturally just dropped everything and got to work putting her back together! Took me about 3 or 4 hours, and I'm still not done. Mostly because I had to figure out where everything went and how it fit together. Also it didn't help that I had to supplement my missing nuts and bolts with a universal bolt kit. Lol So there it is guys. Big progress update. Thank God everything fit together nice and snug. No big issues so far. Tomorrow I'll get some more things done and take better pictures. Thanks for tuning in and checking out my build!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
By the way, if anyone in SoCal has some mirrors they don't want/need for their 2015+ R1? Shoot me a DM please! Thanks my dudes!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I couldn't activate it. I tried for 3 days straight. I finally ended up testing it and it was no good. Something got fried along the line, but I couldn't find it. Ended up just putting the regular shifter back on.

Just to confirm, put it in 2nd with the bike completely off, hold the QS up (up a gear depending on orientation) and turn it on, continue holding it for 10seconds and it should activate (providing it works of course).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Now taking suggestions for wheel stripe color!

I'm thinking about tinting the headlights yellow. What do you guys think?

Also yes, I need a right side mirror. Somebody hook a brother up! lol

·
2016 R1
215 Posts
I’d go with blue wheel tape and avoid tinting the head lights. That’s just my opinion though, to each their own preference. Looks great though! Nice transformation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
6 Participants
TheoreticalApex
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing