Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently ordered a GPV1 from Revzilla and when I got it it seems to be too short and left a gap leaving the wiring/battery partly exposed, is it possible they sent me the wrong seat or is this correct fitment? I have sent it back for return and planned to order direct from Saddlemen but I didn't know if this was normal. The picture I found on the forums all show it from an angle from the front of the seat so seeing the fitment is hard to tell on these.

Also does the channel provide more comfort vs the GPV1?

Edit: added a bad photo before returning.

Attachments

Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
That is a pretty good gap. I have a gel channel on my 2022. Had it on 3 different bikes now.
I can't compare it to a GPXV1, but I do know the possibility exists with the channel to get more air to to the jewels. 馃檪
Automotive design Grey Sports gear Headgear Automotive exterior

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea unfortunately the 21 and 22 are different fitment I believe. The gap is on the side toward the back of the bike and I'm hoping someone with 15 to 20 and happens to have this seat to notice this thread.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately the rep at saddlemen could tell me if its normal to have a gap where the seat doesn't cover correctly, so still hoping someone with an 15-20 model happens to own this seat and can post a picture or comment of the fitment. Because having wires/bolt holes/battery showing doesnt seem worth it at the price point.

Premium Member
I don鈥檛 own one, but have seen a few around, and I believe this is normal. If your set on Saddlemen, I would choose the gel channel version and hope it has better fit.

Another option would be a seat cover from Luimoto. They also offer gel inserts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don鈥檛 own one, but have seen a few around, and I believe this is normal. If your set on Saddlemen, I would choose the gel channel version and hope it has better fit.

Another option would be a seat cover from Luimoto. They also offer gel inserts.
Appreciate the information, was hoping for a direct seat replacement over having to either tear my original seat up or having an upholstery shop do it for me is why I was leaning more towards the saddlemen. Also the channel version is totally in the realm of something I'd consider if the fitment is better.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea that looked to be about the fitment of how mine looked, was extremely displeased with it. I really don't want to tear into my stock seat but might be a better solution then making a 300 dollar seat sorta work.

Registered
Even the screws don鈥檛 align for shite, Saddleman for R1s is a big L. Stick to Harleys. Per my opinion the seat might work if you want subpar comfort improvement but it does change seat height and feels off for a couple of weeks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even the screws don鈥檛 align for shite, Saddleman for R1s is a big L. Stick to Harleys. Per my opinion the seat might work if you want subpar comfort improvement but it does change seat height and feels off for a couple of weeks.
Didn't even bother sitting on it but you could tell the height had changed. Considering the Luimoto option with adding gel in but may just stick with stock. It's not terrible but it's not great either.

my genius knows no bounds

bothered me i couldnt remember which it was, its this one. fitment not perfect but certainly good enough. no gap. seat height IS slightly higher, i honestly wanna lower my bike sometimes. im 5'9"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts