41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,347 Posts
Need a match for my '06 Banshee. :grin2:

·
My R1 eats Gixxers
358 Posts
I'm shopping around for an R1S. Probably a red and black 16. What would be a good target number to shoot for before tax and tag?

·
Yer damn skippy
22 Posts
I picked up my 2016 R1M from Wheels in Motion back in March for $22k OTD. CA taxes and license fees totaled about $2300, so the price was $19700 or so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Made a road trip to Altus in OK for a new '16 R1 with 6 miles on her. Bike was $14,684.00 brought in from another dealership. A Dallas dealer offered ~$315 less, but dragged their feet until I had already commited to this deal. Made a road trip out of it and broke her in (after some paint sealer) with 650 miles of AR & MO Ozark mountains & ethanol free premium. I owe about $925. for Texas TT&L by 8/11-they don't collect out of state TT&L in OK. Dealers in Houston don't seem to have much flexibility in price, so I've bought ~ 7 new bikes (dirt & street) elsewhere since 2014 ;)

·
Considering Another R1
478 Posts
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2016 R1 w/ 2500 miles for $9,600. Should I pull the trigger? Good deal? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not exactly what the thread is about but I just bought a 2018 R1 a few months ago with 128 miles on it. I drove about 1,000 miles to pick it up cause it was such a good deal. I paid $11,400 before tax (just lie about the price when you register the bike). I didn't lie, so the actual price was around $12,000. Ive put a few hundred miles on it in the last couple weeks and everything is good. Still has another month of warranty from the dealer i bought it from. IMO you shouldnt buy new. I saved a ton of money, and the bike is mint. Ive owned 8 yamaha motorcycles now and never had a issue with any of them.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
34 Participants
DirtyPlastic
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing