Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on removing the ignition from my R1 Track bike, i've recently been sponsored and part of the sponsors package was some really tasty Melotti Racing Parts, including a new Top Yoke.
Anyone removed the Ignition on their R1 and able impart some wisdom? words of advice, it's all very much appreciated.
The bike has been Flashed by Woolich but unsure if the immobilizer has been turned off.

It's UK bike if that makes any difference.

·
Venom X/O
25,094 Posts
It’s kind of a pain. You’ve got to drill out the Amit-theft bolts that are on the bottom.

My advice is get a keyless for that top yoke and keep the factory stuff somewhere safe and untouched. I dismantled mine and it’s not able to be reinstalled basically

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea cobalt drill bit and patience. But like Gear said, that stuff isn’t ever making back on the bike. I have zero interest in ever converting the bike back so that’s ok.

·
Venom X/O
25,094 Posts
Cheers guys,
Seems i need to get myself the EU Woodcraft Bypass.
I love my WC bypass, but keep your stock loom handy and accessible, since the WC loom won’t allow you to clear fault codes in diag mode. It’ll get into diag but you can’t clear the codes

·
Registered
373 Posts
To each their own, but I wouldn’t hack my bike up for some polished top yoke No matter who the sponsor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don’t have to hack it up if you simply get a WC key delete
And ordered the EU one, cheers bud much appreciated, on track this Monday and typically it's looking like it's going to be a wet one.

To each their own, but I wouldn’t hack my bike up for some polished top yoke No matter who the sponsor.
Much like Gear said, I'm definitely not hacking anything up, just getting rid of the crap that's of no use to me really.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Gotcha! When I read about cobalt drill bits coming out around an R1 I get nervous

1 - 10 of 10 Posts