Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I have the competition Werkes 3/4 system w/baffle installed on my 2017 R1. The bike honestly sounds like a v8 car with dump pipes. Very loud and throaty. I have found that riding without fully sealed foam earplugs is almost unbearable for a ride longer than 30 minutes or so. What are some of your experiences with this pipe if you have had it. I am thinking of moving to an SC Project SC1-R decat pipe next season before I get it tuned on the dyno. Should be a bit quieter and more towards the back for exhaust exit.

I will be getting rid of the comp werkes pipe as soon as I stop riding it this year, so if anyone is interested let me know. I may put her in for the season soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SC is just as loud
The comp workes is a much shorter can than the SC1-R pipe. It also has an exit basically underneath the right foot peg. The SC1-R is a much longer pipe with an exit toward the rear wheel. The sound difference would be pretty noticeable to the rider I would think.

·
Venom X/O
24,203 Posts
The comp workes is a much shorter can than the SC1-R pipe. It also has an exit basically underneath the right foot peg. The SC1-R is a much longer pipe with an exit toward the rear wheel. The sound difference would be pretty noticeable to the rider I would think.
It’s not to me. My racing buddy switched from the comp works to the SC, and they were both equally as loud. It wasn’t until we both switched to Hindle and got the insert that the sound was quiet on restricted tracks. Just riding around the street the comp works was the same sound level as my Graves pipe. These bikes are loud. The longer can really doesn’t do much for sound, especially since there isn’t a change of direction, it’s just a straight pipe through the can packing.
The bikes are just plain loud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts