Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
My husband has a 2107 R1 - crashed it in March- rebuilt it as a track bike. Flash and Power commander added.
A few weeks ago at the track- temps around 95-100 on the track- the last 2 sessions of the day, the quickshifter started acting up. When we got home- the dash is locked up- found that happens when it's throwing codes. Got a cable and and OBDII to see codes. Found it's showing P0113 which is an Air sensor issue- replaced that and still problems. Air sensor shows 16 degrees so it's clearly still not working. We did overwrite the ECU by accident and waiting to get the correct flash back from the dealer. Have another flash in there that he had used previously. Dash is still locked up- he has another track day coming up and can't get in touch with the dealer for help- worried now, time is running out so I thought I would reach out here to see if anyone has any ideas as we've gotten several helpful things just from browsing here.
TIA!

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,912 Posts
Did you change both air pressure sensors? One in intake and other is under the air box. They are the same part #.
Consider swapping them because maybe the wrong one was swapped out.

They also act up when debris gets in them. Disconnect the battery and reconnect after you check the other air pressure sensor.

I had same issue. Swapped them both for new ones and checked the small hose lines to the sensor under the air box.

https://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8748113

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So...husband looked for another sensor and didn’t find anything. I took a picture of the one we changed. Attached.
I also tested the sensor- it has a resistance same as the one we took off. Which means it’s working right.
I traced the wires from the sensor back to the ecu connector and could only get one to check out- the blue and black one worked, the brown and white one didn’t. Maybe a harness problem? Why would the harness be bad though?? This bike is relatively brand new. The crash was a low side, mostly surface scratches.
Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Buttafewcoe
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing