Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting my 2017 r1 ecu flashed on the 13th and i have block off plates and a graves cat eliminating3/4 pipe
wondering what other things i could do to my bike i ride mostly street so was thinking of doing a -1+2 sprocket change and a 520 chain and maybe volcity stacks and a air filter i already have a puig wind screen any other mods i should do before all this ???

·
Registered
99 Posts
You're trying to do too much for a street bike. Leave the stock gearing for best MPG for cruising around. You have plenty of power in all gears/RPMs so sprocket change isn't a must, nor are velocity stacks, and a 520 chain.

Focus on parts that will help with ergonomics.

·
Registered
61 Posts
grips and adjustable levers. You can thank me later. Like many have said, you have plenty done for performance, time for an ergo upgrade!

·
Registered
86 Posts
And would you leave gearing stock or change it?
I have a 2018 R1M. I went -1/+2. It's a lot easier on take off from a stop and the bike is way more squirrely. You'll be able to cruise around at higher revs if ensuring other people hearing you is a thing for you. I recommend that change (along with the 520 conversion if you're going to change out the sprockets anwyays).
+1 for ergo upgrades and dialing in the suspension as well. For the seat, I don't think it will matter too much whichever one you choose. As long as it gives you more padding than stock, I doubt you'll notice a huge difference between them for street.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts