Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting quoted $22k plus tax OTR for the 2017 R1-M. I see most dealers are starting pricing at $22,499.
How does $22k compare to what you are hearing from your dealer?

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Here we go again! :lol

I'll say this one time... buy your R1 or R1M from Millers Motorsports that's all you need to know. Well unless you live in Cali... then your screwed. :D
admit it youre biased :hammer: :1572:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here we go again! :lol

I'll say this one time... buy your R1 or R1M from Millers Motorsports that's all you need to know. Well unless you live in Cali... then your screwed. :D
I am in Cali but why am I screwed?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cali riding is some of the best I have seen around the world.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you really need me to spell it out... it's because you're going to pay $2500 more. It's simple economics.
Some say he is condescending, others say he has Asperger's, I say he is simply a dickhead......ladies and gentlemen I give you Kevap!

·
What's happenin'?
320 Posts
For any Canadians on here, I've got a deposit on my '17 R1M with Bob's in Chatham, ONT -- $23k Cdn + taxes ($2k under MSRP)

·
Slow.
26 Posts
Why do you guys say California has it bad? How much have you guys paid for your 15-16 R1's? I'm in California, and paid $16000 OTD for a 2016 R1 in late 2016.

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
I think he was saying that you cannot buy a bike out of the state (Millers is in Pennsylvania) of California because California has their own emission standards. Thus, you are limited to buying bikes in the state and cannot use Miller's pricing for negotiation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After a lot of talking the best I could get in CA is 21,500 OTD for the 2017 R1-M.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think he was saying that you cannot buy a bike out of the state (Millers is in Pennsylvania) of California because California has their own emission standards. Thus, you are limited to buying bikes in the state and cannot use Miller's pricing for negotiation.
Obijack - Thanks for the clear explanation. I'm glad someone is thinking clearly. >:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
Kevap
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing