Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018 MotoGP Season **Spoiler Alert**

57K views 802 replies 48 participants last post by  BigSwole 
#1 ·
:scoots:

#4 ·
I'd signed up for the last half of the season for something like 40 euros just to trial it, and didn't even realize it auto renewed! I emailed them immediately and they refunded me.

We get the races and qualifying on pay TV, so don't need it. It's great though - just wish it was cheaper.

#6 ·
Tell me when he gets to 26.

#8 ·
is it Yamaha stealing ducati air dynamics fairing idea...:surprise:

Reactions: APO2112
#22 ·
One of these is not like the others

#27 ·
Who’s watching it? >:)

#29 ·
Is I just me or did this seem a little less “professional” than say: Ducati? The actual press event I mean...

#30 · (Edited)
Nice to see Yamaha wrapped up MV for another 2 seasons! Fingers crossed they make the best decison for the good of the team and scrap his washed up teammate after this season to make room for Zarco!

Yamaha clearly have their work cut out for them this season, as Marc and Honda appear to be much more dialed in going into 2018. Assuming Ducati take another step forward in improving their bikes mid corner turning ability I expect both Dovi and especially Lorenzo to be in the hunt for the crown. That is of course, if Marc doesn't run away with the show all together.

#36 ·
It might take Mav a year or 2 to get over this season, plus Yamaha will need to realise that their next world champion won't have 46 on his bike.

Zarco really liked the 2017 bike after the test at Valencia. Probably says it all.
Zarco rode the 2017 bike on one track in a test in neither hot nor wet conditions (you know, the conditions where Maverick and Vale both struggled on the 2017 bike)... I wouldn't go putting his name on the 2018 title just yet.

#42 ·
I wouldn't read too much into those times, especially given it's Sepang. But it looks like most of the bikes are fast enough.

Some of the other riders commented on how Lorenzo was carrying more corner speed on the new Duc. Could be an even more interesting season.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk

#43 ·
The best thing about Sepang that three different riders and three different manufactures topped each day. Not just one guy.

#46 ·
Jorge was fast for a limited number of laps last year, he had pole a couple times, why does this suddenly suggest Ducati has completely redesigned their bike to fit Jorge's strengths?

He didn't do a race simulation, and just about every other factory rider did.... tell you anything?

#52 ·
Lorenzo was very inconsistent in terms last season, but towards the end he began to show much better pace and results. Altering a riding style I'm sure is no easy task, especially when it has yielded one of the most successful GP careers to date. It's been well documented that Ducati above all other bikes is the most difficult to adapt too. Yes the bike has improved much in the last few years, but it still maintains it's trademark understeer problem. Melandri, Crutchlow, and even the Mighty Rossi failed to adapt to the bikes problematic understeer. It's taken Dovi over 5 years to adapt and he was dangerously close to being let go.

As to why Ducati would suddenly redesign their bike to fit more of Lorenzo's needs? Well because they hired him to win them a world title. Furthermore, Gigi himself self has said directly that he aims to rework the frame to cure the bike of it's turning woes (something all Ducati riders have complained about) focusing mainly on the bikes ability to carry more speed in the mid corner and smoothing the throttle at first touch. Both things Lorenzo has requested from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.