Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some help , I am currently riding 2018 r1 in pwr-2 , TRC-1, scs -1 .

I am uncertain what is going on with my bike , the throttle response is so slow the more throttle I hit the more heat it generates but bike won’t move quick . I feel something is intervening but I am confused whenTCS is set 1 there should be less electronic interference.

pls help and today out of the blue i see a caution light ON .

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,252 Posts
Mode A, B, C, or D?

Mode D on my '15 acts like that. Mode A is twitchy. I ride B usually.

·
Premium Member
2018 Yam R1S
28 Posts
Guys I need some help , I am currently riding 2018 r1 in pwr-2 , TRC-1, scs -1 .

I am uncertain what is going on with my bike , the throttle response is so slow the more throttle I hit the more heat it generates but bike won’t move quick . I feel something is intervening but I am confused whenTCS is set 1 there should be less electronic interference.

pls help and today out of the blue i see a caution light ON .
which power mode are u in- A, B, C. or D? My 2018 R1 has these designations & settings for power/ TCS/ scs/ lcs etc. (A= track mode; B= street; C= easy dies it/ touring; D= wet mode)

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,252 Posts
which power mode are u in- A, B, C. or D? My 2018 R1 has these designations & settings for power/ TCS/ scs/ lcs etc. (A= track mode; B= street; C= easy dies it/ touring; D= wet mode)
I asked him the same question.

Reactions: BournR1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, everyone.It was a messed up last week here is the Update ***

Bigbadpoppa/Buttafewcoe/coyote/gearheaded

As I was riding the other day, R1 slowly died on me in the middle of a road and wouldn't start, some fellow rider mentioned I need to connect the bike to a battery tender all the time as my daily commute is less than 20 miles 3 days a week. and Bikes like this need a charge !!!!!!! ( i don't know i am new to r1)

with someone, help went home, got the tender, and connected to the r1 battery to the nearby gas station's power outlet. After re-charging for 3 hours, r1 would start however after applying 1st gear, it wouldn't go more than 10 MPH even with full throttle and complete clutch release. I did try losing/tightening the clutch adjustment at the left handle lever.( i learnt later i shouldn't be messing with this)

I live in the New-jersey area. Had to tow the R1 to a local dealer . now the gentlemen say my clutch is gone faulty and needs a replacement and charging 1500$.
I am new to R1 it has only been 2 months I own, and the bike had only 1600 Miles when I got it. Now it is 1750 miles I am confused what could have happened.

I don't think the previous owner abused the bike, another end, my driving 40 MPH / 50 MHP on a 6Th gear caused this ??? i am uncertain. Though I am new to r1, I have been riding 300C for 10 Years I am sure I am gentle on the clutch. is the dealer ripping me !!! i don't know.

No, I did not flash the ECU but I am thinking of doing it as the bike is slow lol I don't know every one scared me before going to r1 now I feel this is slow as the initial pick is so low, it takes a while moving from 65 MPH to 70 or 80 I don't understand is it something wrong with this specific bike,
i am riding now in in pwr-2, TRC-1, scs -1 haven't tried PWR1 yet .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer is now pitching on changing the rare tire I am like, what ??????????? It's only 1600 miles as a new bee, I am stuck with whatever they say. I declined the tire change and ask him to proceed with the clutch change. ( he gave a list of so many parts. All are above my head ) I am still learning; thank you, everyone. Happy to share with I got the Arai corsairs x as a first helmet :) way out
of the budget. also, i learned we need to flash the ECU after adding the after-market exhaust I don't know if that was done or now i will ask the previous owner and update you guys.

Bicycle helmet Helmet Sports equipment Sports gear Automotive design

1 - 9 of 9 Posts