Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just paid for my Blue R1, due in next week. I'm having someone else pick it up for me since ill be out of town.

$15649 is complete OTD price, I live in NJ as an FYI.

·
Avid two wheel therapy abuser
417 Posts
Damn, nice price for an 18'. Didn't think they would haggle it down that much after tax and all. Congrats man

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started dealing with crossroads power sports in PA last year due to their affiliation with some of the track clubs, they have been nothing short of great. The pricing definitely reflects the amount of money spent in general over the past year but their pricing has always been very competitive from day 1. Plus the team their is great, everyone is helpful and knowledgeable.

·
Super Moderator
23,937 Posts
So did you include your sales tax, title and licence plate back in NJ in your OTD total? Or is that price just for the bike OTD from the dealership? Just wait to make sure we are comparing apples to apples here. :dunno

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably should of clarified that one, I don't street ride so no need to pay tax and register. I get the certificate of origin when I pick up the bike, that is as good as a title to me. so my total OTD for my riding purposes does not include tax, title and registration.

·
Gas it wanker
69 Posts
Does that include tax, title, and registration?

Normally I wouldn't have asked, but after reading the start of this thread...
that is what I understand the OTD price to mean. Out The Door = the all inclusive, final, total ride away price.
but it's kinda of meaningless if they can't even get me the damn bike!

·
Gas it wanker
69 Posts
Probably should of clarified that one, I don't street ride so no need to pay tax and register. I get the certificate of origin when I pick up the bike, that is as good as a title to me. so my total OTD for my riding purposes does not include tax, title and registration.
did yours show up yet or do you have an ETA?

·
Registered
4 Posts
$15,350 in CT

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, this is my second R1 first new purchase. I got my R1 about a week ago for 15.35K in CT berfore tax &title.

·
Banned
22 Posts
you must be friendly with the dealer...
No reason to pay road fees/taxes if its not operated there.
Most dealerships do not understand this concept.

My only concern would be the sales tax liability.
Especially if the State does an audit. Unless you bought it under a non profit entity?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you must be friendly with the dealer...
No reason to pay road fees/taxes if its not operated there.
Most dealerships do not understand this concept.

My only concern would be the sales tax liability.
Especially if the State does an audit. Unless you bought it under a non profit entity?
well I'm also purchasing out of state, PA cant collect NJ MV taxes. there is no sales tax liability even if they do an audit, I never register or title it, if I do id be required to pay the tax. if I ever went to sell it and wanted to transfer the document id pay on the original purchase price.

·
My R1 scares me
15 Posts
I got mine OTD for $13,837 (rounded up, lol). Brand new, and they even swapped the fuel tank when I found a scratch before I took delivery. 2018 YZF-R1, not the S model.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts