Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings folks,
I have started having issues with my stock autoblipper and want to see if you guys can help. I have read in previous posts about this issue and I don’t have a clear understanding of what is going with my bike. It's clear that the sensor has gone out on my bike twice for no good reason. The bike is a track bike with the ecu flashed by FTECU. It was working flawlessly for 3 yrs and now the sensors keeps crapping out. Both sensors have no resistance by ohm meter (closed circuit or shorted out) and activating the sensors gives no readings at all! I put on the new sensor and works fine for a day, then shorts out again. I read some guys found the switch replacement but there is no way to get to the switch, since they are sealed. Any advice would be appreciated. I want to know if I should get an aftermarket sensor instead of the stock? If anyone else has had the same problem and figured out why the sensors keep malfunctioning or if anyone was able to replace the switch in the stock unit. Please help me. Thank you.

·
Venom X/O
25,673 Posts
I hear the FT sensors had problems themselves, but that’s heresay

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Have you called FTecu and asked them about your issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you called FTecu and asked them about your issue?
I have not. I am not sure if the flashed ecu is the problem! When I hook up the ecu to the computer, it shows autoblipper is on, and it shows up on the dash as well. But I will certainly give them a call. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I always thought I would get an aftermarket quickshifter and autoblipper if the stock one broke. I don’t see the value in buying another stock unit. The stock one works well for what it is, but it’s subpar compared to say the IRC shifter I had on my previous bike.
I guess I don’t have anything of real value to say here to fix the actual problem , other than I would consider an aftermarket unit. But if it’s not the sensor itself, and it’s some other electrical problem, I’m not sure if an aftermarket unit would solve the issue.
Really just commenting because I’d like to follow the thread and see what the issue ends up being, for future reference.
Good luck figuring it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always thought I would get an aftermarket quickshifter and autoblipper if the stock one broke. I don’t see the value in buying another stock unit. The stock one works well for what it is, but it’s subpar compared to say the IRC shifter I had on my previous bike.
I guess I don’t have anything of real value to say here to fix the actual problem , other than I would consider an aftermarket unit. But if it’s not the sensor itself, and it’s some other electrical problem, I’m not sure if an aftermarket unit would solve the issue.
Really just commenting because I’d like to follow the thread and see what the issue ends up being, for future reference.
Good luck figuring it out
Thanks for the comments. Anything helps! No one seems to have a good answer to this problem, including FT ecu! I am going with an aftermarket sensor, probably the Translogic sensor, since it is plug and play, and I will not need to use their computer. If this one blows, then I will know there is a problem with the wiring, and will probably end up with the YEC harness!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So how did it go? Did you swap over to the Translogic?
Its on order, and apparently out-of-stock, and waiting for new shipments to arrive. Will let you know how it goes, once it is installed. I did call SBU about the FTECU flash jobs, and they had not heard on any problems as such after an ecu flash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts