Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R1 Addict
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, recently my bike wouldn't start while in neutral unless the clutch was pulled in. If I released the clutch, it would die. If I had the clutch pulled in and it was running I would shift into gear and the bike would die again, while the clutch was still pulled in. Any feedback much appreciated. Completely stock bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
take it back to the dealership where you bought it. has any work been done to the bike recently before this issue started?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i met with the same issue b4, similiar as what u described. Initially i suspected might b ECU but there wasn't any fault code error or engine check light.... somehow, i do not really know i suddenly felt tat it might b the side-stand switch/sensor causing this issue. i went down to my frequent bike workshop and told the mech to by-pass the side-stand switch/sensor and wala.... everything back to normal again. But your ride is still very new since it's a 2018. Nevertheless... Hope it can helps u

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like an issue with the side-stand sensor... assume your side stand wasn't down when you were trying this? :)
Yup..... my side stand wasn't down as i was at a traffic junction waiting for green light to move off. And the engine kept dying off every time once i engage 1st gear till i had to push and park the bike at the road side a distance away from the traffic junction and called for a tow truck....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
bernard Lim
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing