Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently decided I wanted to get aftermarket rearsets for my R1M, but ran into the issue with the brackets lining up. The R1M currently has a Type R exhaust from Graves on it (the one with the butterfly valve). The exhaust mated up to the stock foot controls without any fitment issues. I did not have to fabricate any brackets or replace any of the stock hardware. Does anyone have any suggestions on which rearsets to get or if there's going to be any fitment issues with any specific rearset? I'm mainly looking for adjustability and was eyeballing Lightech R (colors don't match though) or Attack, but I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hotbodies racing rearsets, amazing. They are $339 w/ free folding brake/clutch levers on their website. They have provisions for the stock brake light switch.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That being said I haven't put them on my bike yet, my bike is somewhere between Yamaha distribution and my dealer.

·
Super Moderator
23,972 Posts
Attack Performance rearsets. Comes with everything you need, they look amazing and have flawless actuation. Here's a pic with my Graves 3/4 system. You can see the link between the rearset and the exhaust hanger.

8,207 Posts
Most rearsets don’t come with an exhaust/rearset bracket, but evol does. I have attacks and love them. Gilles bolts are soft and strip. Another good brand is woodcraft but you need to order the standard or GP shift model and can’t flip. If I were to do it again, evol because of the nice exhaust bracket included, and they are awesome regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your input guys. I'll throw up a picture of the exhaust bracket that's on the Graves Exhaust in the morning. It's fixed to the actual can itself. Not sure if that changes any of the suggestions. I have a bit of STG bucks sitting around from me doing a wad of Black Friday shopping with them, so I'll likely be going with one that's available from them. I had wanted to go Gilles, but the blue doesn't match the rest of the blue on the bike. I'll most likely be purchasing these around the Christmas timeframe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Graves looks a lot cleaner. Which and when did you buy your Graves setup? I bought mine in 2015 when Graves first came out with them.
I bought my Graves Type-R exhaust in 2019 from their location in Van Nuys. I think I got it some time in April or May of this year? They allowed me to customize the can, so I opted for a 200mm carbon fiber can. I kind of regret the burn marks on the carbon fiber now (not sure if it's due to the length of the can), but what's done is done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's browning towards the back side of the carbon fiber near where the pipe terminates (carbon end cap). It's pretty minimal right now, but I'm guessing it'll eventually get worse with time. I don't think it has anything to do with the tune specifically. I have block off plates, the FTEcu map is built for this exhaust, and I have an active tune wideband on there as well. I think it's from the backfiring that goes on whenever I cut the throttle and coast in gear. Pardon the dirty wheel.

·
Gian11
1,574 Posts
I've recently decided I wanted to get aftermarket rearsets for my R1M, but ran into the issue with the brackets lining up. The R1M currently has a Type R exhaust from Graves on it (the one with the butterfly valve). The exhaust mated up to the stock foot controls without any fitment issues. I did not have to fabricate any brackets or replace any of the stock hardware. Does anyone have any suggestions on which rearsets to get or if there's going to be any fitment issues with any specific rearset? I'm mainly looking for adjustability and was eyeballing Lightech R (colors don't match though) or Attack, but I'm open to suggestions.
if you used the stock bracket to mount the exhaust then any rearset that uses it will fit as well. Usually the ones that don´t will bring their own bracket.
There are so many brand of rearsets out there that everyone is gonna have a favorite.

I personally started on lightech R rearsets which were fine until I started racing withthem.. the carbon heel guards are useless as I kept breaking them with my heel. Had to switch them to the magnesium ones that come on the cheaper version rearsets of lightech.
I moved on to YART rearsets now and I like them better. Grip on the pegs is MUCH higher which is great for racing(not so great for boot soles!). The only gripe is that replacement parts will take a while to get(but if you are racing like me I just keep a replacement set anyways).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts